It is not rare to spend thousands of dollars and hours building an awesome iTunes music library. However, you should realize that data in iTunes library might still be in danger as millions of computers are lost, stolen or damaged every day. If you have lost data in your iTunes library without any backup, then you can follow this guide to transfer music from iPhone to iTunes on your computer.
Method 1. Transfer Music from iPhone to iTunes (Purchased & Non-purchased Music)
Note that iPhone is not a storage/backup device, and syncing iPhone with iTunes is one-way access – iTunes to iPhone. So you need an iPhone to iTunes transfer software, just like AnyTrans for iOS. Comparing with the similar software, it outstands because:
- All songs, including the purchased music from iTunes store and non-purchased ones are supported to transfer from iPhone to iTunes.
- It is able to transfer Music from iPhone to iTunes keeping your playlists and meta data, like play counts, ratings, mp3 tags, cover arts, etc. Since it’s a complete iPhone to iTunes backup solution, everything will remain intact.
- Helps you manage your iTunes library. Also, it allows you to view and transfer the content in the iTunes library like songs, videos, movies, audiobooks, etc. to iPhone even without restoring.
- Supports transferring music from iPhone to computer, or to your new iPhone XS (Max)/XR directly. Anyway, wherever you want to transfer, it helps you make it.
- Supports more than 20+ iOS file types, including Music, Videos, Photos, Contacts, Messages, Playlists, Movies, Notes, Calendar, Safari History & Bookmarks, etc. It also supports extracting anything you like from iTunes or iCloud backup. this makes you needn’t restore your iPhone with iTunes or iCloud backup anymore.
- Supports all kinds of iPhone, iPad and iPod models: including the latest iPhone XS (Max)/XR, from iOS 5 to the newest iOS 12.
- Guarantees you 100% Safe & Security. During this process, all the contents on your iPhone will be kept safe, and you won’t lose any data or file.
Check the overview steps here:
- Connect your iPhone with computer and open AnyTrans.
- Enter Device Manager section, scroll down to the category management page.
- Click on Audio > Music. Select the songs you want to transfer and hit the Send to iTunes button to transfer music from iPhone to iTunes library.
The following step-by-step guide with screenshots will guide you to transfer music from iPhone to iTunes:
Step 1 Download AnyTrans for iOS and install it on your computer. Connect your iPhone to the computer > Choose Device Manager in the pull-down menu > Scroll the screen down to manage your iPhone content by categories.
Step 2 Select Audio > Click Music.
Step 3 Select the songs you want to transfer > Click on Send to iTunes button to get music from iPhone to iTunes Library.
If you just got a new iPhone, you can read this guide about How to Move Data to New iPhone 7/8/X/XS (Max)/XR to learn how to transfer content from old iPhone to new iPhone.
Bonus Tip: Transfer Music from iPhone to Computer Wirelessly
If you don’t have USB cable aside, but want to transfer music from iPhone to iTunes, you can try to transfer music to computer first. Here we recommend AnyTrans app. With this tool, you could transfer music to computer without USB cable. Please follow the steps below to see how to manage it.
Please make sure that your iPhone and computer are connected in the same WiFi.
Step 1 Install AnyTrans app on your iPhone.
Step 2 Visit anytrans.io on your computer browser, then you could see a QR code.
Step 3 Open AnyTrans on your iPhone, tap the scan button on the upper right corner to scan the code on your computer.
Step 4 When your iPhone has connected with your computer, choose the music you want to transfer, tap “send” to start the transferring process.
Method 2. How to Transfer Music from iPhone to iTunes (Purchased Music Only)
You can also import music from iPhone to iTunes using the traditional way. But only the purchased music from iTunes store can be transferred. Those non-purchased songs are not included.
- Make sure the computer you’re transferring music to is authorized to play iTunes Store purchases (choose Account > Authorizations > Authorize This Computer, then click Authorize).
- Connect your iPhone to your computer via USB cable.
- Click “Transfer Purchases” in the window that appears, or choose File > Devices > Transfer Purchases From [device].
- When the process ends, click “Recently Added” in the left panel of iTunes to check the newly imported songs. If you want to save them to computer, choose the music and hit “Download”.
The Bottom Line
We believe Playlists is as important as the music itself and will benefit every music lovers, especially people who want to relieve their anxiety, sharpen memory, increase concentration, improve their mood or even relieve pain. Hopefully, this brief tutorial will successfully help you transfer music from iPhone to iTunes library on your computer. If you found this solution works well, please feel free to share it or join the conversation by leaving a comment.