How to Transfer Files from PC to iPad with/without iTunes
This post aims at telling you how to transfer files from PC to iPad. If you just got a new iPad and want to transfer files from PC to it, this post is exactly what you need.
Read this post when you find yourself in one of the scenarios below.
– iPad has been accidentally reset and there are backups on PC,
– Get a new iPad and want to transfer files from PC to it.
– Need some data on PC to be on your iPad.
All these scenarios above led to one question – How to transfer files from PC to iPad. Frankly, even though iOS is developed to a relatively closed system, it is not hard to copy files from PC to iPad. Here in this post, we will show you 4 easy ways to transfer files from PC to iPad. Please choose one method suits you most.
- This post is focused on how to transfer files from PC to iPad. If you have some files on Mac waiting to be transferred to iPad, please refer to How to Transfer Files from Mac to iPad.
- In case some of you might also need some files on PC/Mac to be on iPhone, we also prepared a guide showing you how to copy files from PC/Mac to iPhone. Please refer to the post and know more.
Part 1. How to Transfer Files from PC to iPad without iTunes
The best solution always goes first. While transferring files from PC to iPad with iTunes, the existing data on iPad might be erased. Besides, while transferring files of contacts, calendars, the data on computer and iPad will stay the same, which is majority people don’t want. That’s why we put the non-iTunes way to transfer files from PC to iPad first.
There are three ways in which you can transfer files from PC to iPad, they are iMobie AnyTrans for iOS, Email, iCloud Drive respectively. Please get to know them one by one.
Method 1. How to Transfer Files from PC to iPad with AnyTrans for iOS
Developed by iMobie, AnyTrans for iOS is a PC/Mac based full-way iOS transfer tool made for all iPhone, iPad, and iPod series. With it, you can easily transfer files from PC to iPad. Here are more reasons why you should have AnyTrans for iOS to help you transfer files from PC to iPad.
- Supports all data type. According to the statistics, AnyTrans for iOS supports 22 types of data. That is to say, you can basically transfer all types of files from PC to iPad without any limitations.
- Superb transferring speed. AnyTrans for iOS can always transfer data at a fast speed. Within 1 minute, AnyTrans for iOS can transfer more than 1.7 GB of data from PC to iPad.
- No data loss. While transferring files from PC to iPad, no existing data would be erased from iPad and the data on iPad would always be safe.
- Guarantees you 100% Safe & Security. AnyTrans for iOS is developed by an Apple certificated developer and it is a totally green software. We can assure you that accidents like data loss or information leakage would never occur.
Now, let’s get to know how to transfer files from PC to iPad with AnyTrans for iOS.
Step 1. Download AnyTrans for iOS and install it on your Windows PC. Open it, and connect your iPad to PC via a USB cable. Click the “Add Content” shortcut button, and select the files you want to transfer from PC to iPad like PDF books, photos, videos, music, etc. Click Open to start transferring.
Step 2. You can also transfer files from PC to iPad by selecting the specific category. Just click the button to manage your iPad file by categories.
Step 3. For example, to add videos to your iPad from PC: Click Videos > Select Movies > Click “+” button > Browse and choose video files from computer > Click “Open”. And that is it. With AnyTrans for iOS, you can easily figure out how to transfer photos, music, videos, movies, and more files from PC to iPad without iTunes.
You May Like: How Can I Transfer Files from iPad to PC Easily >
Method 2. How to Transfer Files from PC to iPad with Email
Step 1. Choose the specific files you need, just send them as an attachment to yourself.
Step 2. Open the file in iPad and the file will be available locally. This is OK if you have to do this occasionally but not a very efficient way.
Method 3. How to Transfer Files from PC to iPad with iCloud Drives
Step 1. Choose a cloud drive. There are many cloud drives including Apple’s iCloud, Google’s Google Drive, Dropbox, and Box.
Step 2. Set up an account, you just need to drag and drop files from your desktop to the cloud drive. Then you can view them on your iPad.
Note: Most of these cloud drives offer limited free space, and you need to create an account there. Some of these require you to download a computer client as well as an iPad client.
Part 2. How to Transfer Files from PC to iPad with iTunes
As mentioned above, while transferring files from PC to iPad with iTunes, existing data on iPad might be erased. Besides, when it comes to contacts, calendars, after sync, the data on computer and iPad would be kept the same. If this is not what you want, please refer to Part 1.
Step 1. Download the latest version of iTunes. Plug in your iPad with a USB cable. Launch iTunes if it doesn’t pop out automatically.
Step 2. Click the iPad tab on the upper left, select the file type you want to transfer from PC to iPad. (Here we take Movies as an example)
Step 3. Click Sync Movie. Select the movie files you want to transfer from PC to iPad. Click Apply.
The Bottom Line
That’s all for how to transfer files from PC to iPad. Any questions about this article or AnyTrans for iOS are warmly welcomed to be left in the comment section. At the same time, don’t forget to share this article with your friends. Download AnyTrans for iOS to have a try now >