The way to update apps on iOS 13/13.1 changed a little. Read on this post and learn how to manage and update apps started from iOS 13 easily.
Plenty of apps would be developed for mobile users to download every year. And most of apps would regularly publish update versions to add new features, fix bugs or be compatible with new mobile operating system, like iOS 13/13.1. Therefore, how to manage and update apps on your phone could be a key point.
If you have updated your iPhone to iOS 13/13.1 that released in September 2019, you will find there isn’t “Updates” button at the bottom of App Store screen. This changes the way iPhone users update their apps. But what are changes happen with App Store exactly? And how does that influence the way to update apps? Please keep reading and find your answer.
Then, what is Arcade? Apple Arcade is the world’s first game subscription service, was officially released in September 2019. With a subscription for $4.99 per month, users get unlimited access to the entire catalog of over 100 new, exclusive games, all playable across Apple devices.
Although the updates function is now located behind the Profile icon in App Store, you can also acquire app updates easily from a different location.
1. Open App Store.
2. Click your Profile icon on the top-right corner.
3. When available updates appear, you can Update All or UPDATE what you like from them.
If no updates are showing, you can pull down to refresh the page and force your device to check for updates.
Except for update directly in App Store, you can also apply a quick action from home screen to the Updates page.
1. Long-press the App Store icon, the Context Menu (shortcuts of App Store) appears.
2. Then click Updates button, the Updates page allow you Update All or one by one.
1. In iOS 13 and later, you can use context menus to access additional functionality related to onscreen items. When open, a context menu displays a preview of the item and lists the commands that act on it. You can choose a command or drag the item to another area, window, or app.
2. If you have multiple Apple devices, you can download apps that you purchased on all of your devices. Just login in the same Apple ID and go to Settings > iTunes & App Store > turn on Automatic Downloads.
3. You can also delete apps from the updates screen of App Store now.
If you want to update apps smartly, AnyTrans is a good choice for you to manage your apps with organized categories and on a larger screen of computer. As a comprehensive iPhone data manager, AnyTrans gives you more possibilities in managing and transferring your iOS devices. For Apps, it can download, update, uninstall apps, or move apps and app data to new iPhone (iPhone 11 supported).
That is to say:
Now get AnyTrans and update apps on iOS 13 for your iPhone:
1. Open AnyTrans on your computer > connect your iPhone.
2. Click Device Manager and choose Apps category.
3. Refresh and check the update version of apps, choose the app you’d like to see new features and tap Update button.
4. Sign in Apple ID and password.
In order to make your App Library more orderly and fully utilize mobile storage, you may know how to delete apps on iOS 13.
In this post, we figured out the changes of App Store on iOS 13/13.1. Although Updates has moved, thankfully app updates are still easy to get to with the above methods. While some users still don’t understand why would Apple replace Updates with Arcade and some don’t like it. Then do you like the changes? Or have you got any ideas about how to update and manage your apps after the changes? You can share your opinions with us!
Product-related questions? Contact Our Support Team to Get Quick Solution >