How to Search Text Messages on iPhone 6/6s
How to search text messages on iPhone? Read this useful guide to learn two methods to search text messages on iPhone 6/6s (Plus).
Have a try on PhoneRescue – iOS Data Recovery to recover your iPhone messages, contacts, notes, and more. Now read this guide to learn how to search text messages on iPhone 6/6s (Plus).
Apple's iPhone 7 is expected to launch in 2016, have you prepared well for the new round of iPhone to iPhone Upgrade? If not yet, you can take a minute to read our comprehensive and detailed How to Transfer Data from Old iPhone to New iPhone tutorial.
We send and receive messages everyday with the Messages App on the iPhone. Like many of us, you may find that it is not easy to search for a specific text among a pile of messages on your iPhone. Or you may also want to search the deleted or lost messages on your iPhone but don’t know how? This tutorial is all about the solutions to search text messages on iPhone and also can be implemented to search the deleted chats on your iPhone.
Part 1. How to Search Messages on iPhone 6/6s with Spotlight Search
To use Spotlight Search to find messages, you need to turn on Spotlight Search for messages: Go to Settings > General > Spotlight Search > Turn Messages on.
Step 1. On the iPhone home screen, swipe to the right to bring up Spotlight Search menu.
Step 2. Then, tap the search bar and enter the keywords you are searching for.
Step 3. When the search results appeared, swipe down to scroll through the list to locate the Messages section on your iPhone.
Search Messages on iPhone 6/6s with Spotlight Search
Part 2. How to Search Messages on iPhone 6/6s in Message App
1. Open the Message app on your iPhone.
2. Swipe down with your finger to bring up the search box.
3. Enter the keywords in the search box and the results list will automatically update as you type.
How to Search Messages on iPhone in Message App
Part 3. How to Search Messages on iPhone 6/6s with PhoneRescue
Here we discuss search messages on iPhone, if you want to search messages in the backup, you should choose Recover from iTunes Backup or Recover from iCloud.
Step 1. Go to the download page of PhoneRescue, click PhoneRescue – iOS Data Recovery to download on your computer > Open it and plug in your iPhone.
Step 2. Select Recover from iOS Device > Click on Right Arrow to enter the next page.
Search Messages on iPhone 6/6s with PhoneRescue – Step 2
Step 3. Select Messages or Message Attachment > Type the contact name in search bar to search the existed or deleted messages you need > You can also click To Computer or To iDevice button to extract the messages.
Search Messages on iPhone 6/6s with PhoneRescue – Step 3
See Also: How to Get Data Off Broken iPhone 6/6s >
The Bottom Line
PhoneRescue – iOS Data Recovery would be your best helper to search, extract, and recover messages on your iPhone. Now you can download it to give it a try. If this guide is helpful, don’t forget to share it with your friends.
What's Hot on iMobie
More Related Articles You May Like
- How to Transfer Text Messages from iPhone to iPhone – This article shows you how to transfer messages from iPhone to iPhone directly. Read more >>
- Completely Deleted Text Messages from iPhone - A step-by-step guide to teach you about how to completely delete text messages from iPhone.Read more >>
- How to View Text Messages on iCloud - In this guide, you will get a simple & fast way to view iCloud texts. Read more >>
- How to Backup Text Messages on iPhone – This guide tells how to backup SMS, iMessage messages from iPhone. Read more >>
- How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone – Want a way to transfer from the old iPhone contacts to the new? Check this guide to learn more. Read More >>
- How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac – Learn how to offload your Camera Roll photos from iPhone to your Mac in few clicks. Read More >>
- What Is the Best iPhone File Transfer – Need an all-in-one iPhone File Transfer software to keep everything organized? Here is the answer. Read More >>