It's very likely to stuck on "Verifying Update" screen when downloading new iOS, including the latest iOS 10.3. Read to learn how to fix it.
AnyTrans is a powerful iOS file manager for all iPhone iPad and iPod. Download it on your PC or Mac so that you can transfer data from iOS 7/8/9 to your iOS 10 devices with ease.
When download a new iOS on your iPhone/iPad over the air (directly in Settings), you will see "Verifying Update…" screen. Generally, it takes few minutes to finish the verifying procedure. But it may stuck on this window for endless hours if you try to update to a new release just like iOS 10/10.1/10.2/10.3 when it is just debuted for millions of Apple users are trying to download the new iOS at the same time.
If you are hesitating on updating to the latest iOS 10 on your iDevice, please read on our Help Page: Should I Upgrade to iOS 10. Meanwhile, we will prepare you quick fixes to solve iMessage/Message Issue After iOS 10 Update as well as a detailed guide to help you retrieve lost but valuable data on iPhone after upgrading to iOS 10.
Part 1. Preparations
Fortunately, fixing iOS 10/10.1/10.2/10.3 stuck on verifying update issue on iPhone or iPad is not a hard job for almost all cases. Before we start, be sure of the following:
- Keep your iPhone full charged
- Make sure your iDevice has an active Wi-Fi connection
- Make sure your iDevice has enough available storage space to install iOS 10 update
- Do Not restore your iDevice unless you have a complete backup
With all that said, we will show you some quick solutions worth trying in the following part.
Part 2. Fix iOS 10/10.1/10.2/10.3 Stuck on Verifying Update
Solution 1. Lock and wake your iDevice using power button
- Simply press the Power button on the side or top to lock your iDevice.
- Then wake it again.
- Repeat to lock and wake your iDevice for several times.
- You may need to repeat for 5-10 times.
Solution 2. Do a hard reset or hard reboot
- Simply hold the "Home" button and "Sleep/Wake" button at the same time.
- Keep holding until the screen turns off and then release buttons once Apple Logo appears.
- Once your iPhone has rebooted, go to Settings > General > About and make sure that the iPhone is running on the iOS 10. If not, repeat the update process.
Solution 3. Restore with iTunes
- This Is Important: Make sure you have a complete backup on computer.
- Launch iTunes and connect your iDevice to computer. Click the Device button.
- Click on Summary tab and choose Restore iPhone…
- Choose the backup you need, and click Restore.
Solution 4. Update to iOS 10 with iTunes
If the above solutions not working, you can try an alternative way to upgrade to iOS 10: upgrade with iTunes on your PC or Mac computer.
Other iOS 10 problems related articles you may like:
- How to Fix: iPhone iPad Stuck on Slide to Upgrade Screen >
- How to Fix: iPhone iPad Stuck in Recover Mode >
- Quick Fix: iPhone iPad Stuck on Apple Logo >
That's how to fix iPhone/iPad/iPod touch stuck on Verifying Update screen, and if you have any other fixes please share with us in the comment section. For more iOS update problems please refer to Top iOS 10 Upgrading Problems with Solutions.
More iOS 10 Upgrade Related Articles:
- How to Upgrade Your iPhone iPad iPod touch to iOS 10 >
- Should I Update to iOS 10 or Stick with iOS 9 >
- iOS 10 Compatibility: iOS 10 Supported Devices >
- How to Install iOS 10 on iPhone iPad and iPod touch >
- The Most Common iOS 10 Problems and Solutions >
- How to Speed Up Old and Slow iOS 10 Devices >
- How to Free Up Space on iOS 10 Devices >
- How to Prepare for iOS 10 Upgrade >
- How to Downgrade iOS 10 to iOS 9 >