iPhone 5s/6/6s can’t make or receive calls after downloading iOS 10? Or your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus not receiving calls after getting iOS 10.1/10.2/10.3.2? Read this post to get some solutions.
Get PhoneRescue – iOS data recovery on your PC/Mac computer and use it to recover/extract lost data on iPhone iPad iPod touch. Download and have a try now.
We've heard that many old iPhone users reported that their iPhone failed to make/receive calls after updating to new iOS. And this year, it also happens to the latest iOS 10.3.2. Some iPhone 5s/6/6s and even iPhone 7 users complained that their iPhone can’t make outgoing calls or not receiving calls at all.
You may see "Call Ended" or "Call Failed" screen when trying to dial, or you cannot receive incoming calls (the phone is disconnected) but can receive messages. This article will show you how to fix iPhone 5/6/6s/7 not receiving or making calls after iOS 10.1/10.2/10.3.2 update.
How to Fix iPhone Won't Make or Receive Calls
How to Fix: iPhone 5s/6/6s/7 Not Making or Receiving Calls After iOS 10 Update
When your iPhone failed to make calls, the first thing to do is checking if your account is in active. Some service providers/carriers will deactivate outgoing call services due to late payment or unpaid bills. If the problem continues, try the following workarounds.
1. Ensure your phone is in a good signal. If you see No Service or Searching in the status bar at the top left of the screen, it means your device is unable to connect to a cellular network and you will not be able to make or receive calls. In this case, make sure you are in an area with network coverage, and make sure there is no network outage.
2. Turn Airplane mode on, wait for the airplay symbol to appear in the status bar, and then turn it off again.
3. Reset Network Settings: Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
4. Update your carrier: Make sure your iPhone is connected to the Internet > Tap Settings > General > About.
5. Verify blocked phone numbers: go to Settings> Phone> Block. Make sure the phone number you try to call is not in the block list.
6. Try re-inserting the SIM card. Remove and re-insert your SIM card, and make sure it is properly secured in place.
7. Try to restore your phone and set it up as new.
The Bottom Line
We also see some users fix this problem by dialing *#31#, and you can try this if you still fail to make calls after trying the above methods. If iMessage/Message are not working on your iPhone, please check out How to Fix Message Problems on iOS 10 Devices.
More iOS 10 Upgrade Related Articles:
- How to Upgrade Your iPhone iPad iPod touch to iOS 10 >
- Should I Update to iOS 10 or Stick with iOS 9 >
- iOS 10 Compatibility: iOS 10 Supported Devices >
- How to Install iOS 10 on iPhone iPad and iPod touch >
- The Most Common iOS 10 Problems and Solutions >
- How to Speed Up Old and Slow iOS 10 Devices >
- How to Free Up Space on iOS 10 Devices >
- How to Prepare for iOS 10 Upgrade >
- How to Downgrade iOS 10 to iOS 9 >