Camera roll is about 4.4GB, and I want to save my pictures to the MacBook Pro. I connect my iPhone to MacBook Pro and iPhoto shows iPhone 6s yet displays the loading message. iPhone photos not showing up on Mac. I have just updated my iPhone to iOS 12, is that the problem?
iPhoto or the upgraded Photos app on Yosemite and later is the default app on Mac to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac. However, some users have met the same problem as the above user asked – photos on iPhone will not show up on Mac in iPhoto/Photos when connected the iPhone. This may also happen to users who have just updated to iOS 10, iOS 11 or even the latest iOS 12. In this guide, we will show you some easy tips to fix iPhone photos not showing up on Mac effortlessly.
Photos Not Showing Up in iPhoto/Photos
Fixes to iPhone Photos Not Showing up in iPhoto or Photos on Mac
Here we collect some common quick solutions that once worked for some users to fix the iPhone photos not showing up on Mac or in iPhoto issue easily.
- Update your Mac and your iPhone system to the latest version. If possible update iPhoto to Photos (for Mac OS X Yosemite and later).
- Unplug your iPhone, and quit iPhoto/Photos as well as iTunes. Then plug the iPhone back and restart iPhoto/Photos.
- Try an iPhoto alternative like AnyTrans for iOS to move iPhone photos to your Mac more easily and quickly.
- Turn off your Mac and restart again, also restart your iPhone.
- Unlock your iPhone, and when you plug in with it a pop-up will show on your iPhone and ask whether to Trust or Don’t Trust this computer. Tap on Trust.
- If you use any other photo storage device on your Mac like DropBox, which can be conflicting with iPhoto. You should close DropBox or just remove it.
- If you enabled iCloud Photo Library on your Mac and iPhone your photos might already be on your computer. That’s why those photos do not show up in iPhoto.
You may also meet some other Photo issues on Mac, here are some problem-fix articles may give you a hand in some cases:
A Better Solution: Export Your iPhone Photos with an iPhoto/Photo Alternative
If photos still not show up on your Mac, you can try an alternative tool – AnyTrans for iOS to transfer your iPhone photos to Mac. With AnyTrans for iOS, transferring iPhone photos to Mac/PC computer will become much easier and quicker.
- It just needs a few clicks to makes your iPhone photos show up on PC/Mac and allows you to import photos from iPhone to your computer in minutes. According to test, it takes only 32 SECONDS to transfer over 3000 photos.
- Different from other photo tools, it supports transferring all photo types and albums, including Camera Roll, Photo Library, Photo Share, Photo Stream, Live Photos, Screenshot, Albums, etc.
- Guarantee you no harm to picture quality. All pictures you transferred from iPhone to Mac will be kept in original picture quality.
- It can also help you transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone or from computer to iPhone without erasing.
Now, Free Download AnyTrans for iOS on your computer, and then follow the simple steps below to import photos from iPhone to Mac without effort.
Step 1Open AnyTrans > Connect your iPhone to the computer using a digital cable > Scroll down or click the button to manage files by category.
Step 2 Click on Photos and choose the album contains the photos you prefer. Here we take Photo Library for an example.
Step 3. Select the photos you want to see on your computer > Click To Computer button at the top-right corner to start the process. After it completes, the selected photos should be on your computer now.