How to Fix iPhone Photos Not Showing Up in iPhoto/Photos
My iPhone photos not showing up in iPhoto and I want to import my photos to Mac, what can I do? Read this guide to get a quick solution.
Download AnyTrans and use it to transfer your iPhone photos to Mac/PC, and to another iPhone. Now read on this post to learn how to fix iPhone photos not showing up in iPhoto.
Question: "Camera roll is about 4.4GB, and I want to save my pics to the MacBook Pro. I connect my iPhone to MacBook Pro and iPhoto shows iPhone 5 yet displays loading message. No photos are uploaded. Image capture also shows iPhone 5, yet no photos are displayed."
-- A User from Apple Support Communities
iPhoto or the upgraded Photos app on Yosemite and later is the default app on Mac to import iPhone photos. However, many users have met the same problem as the above user asked – photos on iPhone will not show up iPhoto/Photos when connect the iPhone to Mac. In this guide, we will show you some tips to fix it, and also offer you an iPhoto alternative tool to manage your iPhone photos with ease.
Photos Not Showing Up in iPhoto/Photos
Fixes to iPhone Photos Not Showing up in iPhoto or Photos on Mac
Here we collect some common fixes to this issue that once worked for some users.
- Update your Mac and your iPhone system to the latest version. If possible update iPhoto to Photos (for Mac OS X Yosemite and later).
- Restart your Mac and your iPhone.
- Unplug your iPhone and connect it to your Mac again.
- Unlock your iPhone, and when you plugin with it a pop-up will show on your iPhone and ask whether to Trust or Don’t Trust this computer. Tap on Trust.
- If you use any other photo storage device on your Mac like DropBox, which can be conflicting with iPhoto. You should close DropBox or just remove it.
- If you enabled iCloud Photo Library on your Mac and iPhone your photos might already be on your computer. That’s why those photos not show up in iPhoto.
A Better Solution: Manage Your iPhone Photos with an iPhoto/Photo Alternative
With AnyTrans, managing photos and more of your iPhone on computer will become much easier. It allows you to view iPhone pictures on computer and manages to import photos from iPhone to PC/Mac, and vice versa. AnyTrans classified your iPhone photos to Camera Roll, Photo Share, Photo Stream, Photo Library, and Albums so you can find and manage the photos you need quickly. It also allows you to copy photos from iPhone to iPhone or iPad directly. Now take a tour with AnyTrans >
iPhone Photo Manager – AnyTrans
The Bottom Line
More Related Articles You May Like
- How to Delete Photos from iPod touch – Read this post to know how to delete photos from iPod touch in an easy and quick way. Read more >>
- How to Recover Deleted Photos from iPhone 6 – This article shows you a safe way to recover deleted photos from iPhone 6. Read more >>
- How to Fix: Can’t Delete Photos from iPhone - Read on this guide to fix the photos cannot be deleted from iPhone. Read more >>
- How to Transfer Photos from Mac to iPhone 6 – This guide shows you how to get photos from Mac to iPhone 6. Read more >>