How to Fix iPhone GPS Not Working
iPhone GPS not working? Follow this guide to grab several ways to easily solve GPS not working on iPhone 7/6s/6 issue.
Download this easy-to-us iOS content manager to transfer photos from iPhone to your iPad, computer, or another iPhone.
Most of the time, iPhone works perfectly for us, but occasionally it is also hard to avoid some small iPhone problems, such as Wi-Fi problems, Bluetooth issues, GPS issues, etc. And recently iPhone GPS issues happen much more frequently than before, according to the help asking emails from our users, complaining about iPhone GPS not working. So to help solve such issues, we write this post.
1. No GPS signal;
2. GPS not updating your location;
3. GPS showing the wrong location;
4. Compass pointing in the wrong direction;
5. Apps can’t find your location, etc.
However on matter which symptom happens to your iPhone GPS, you can try the following methods to get iPhone GPS working fine again.
Also Read: How to Fix iMac Camera Not Working >
How to Fix iPhone GPS Not Working
1. Make Sure iPhone Signal is Good
The most common reason why GPS not working on iPhone 7/6s/6 is the bad signal. When you’re in a metal building, or somewhere where radio signals can’t penetrate, then apps will have problems obtaining a solid GPS signal. So if you’re in such place, go to some places where iPhone can obtain a better signal.
2. Check out the Location Services
In iPhone settings, if the function - Location Services is not enabled, GPS cannot work neither. To enable it, go to Setting > Privacy > Location Service > Toggle it on.
How to Fix iPhone GPS Not Working - Method 2
For the specific app, after tap it, there will be three options:
1. Never, meaning always keeping app from getting your location.
2. While using the app, meaning allowing app to obtain your location when open it in foreground.
3. Always, meaning app will obtain your location whether it is on, off, or in background.
Some apps actually require having your location “always”, and if you set the “while using the app” option for them, they won’t work correctly. Make sure you have the correct setting for each app.
3. Refresh Location Services
If the Location Service originally is on, and GPS not working on iPhone happens, either, try turning it off, and reactivate it after a few minutes.
How to Fix iPhone GPS Not Working - Method 3
4. Reset All Location and Network
If none of the above three methods works for your iPhone GPS not working problem, there could be something wrong with your iPhone location or network information. To fix this, you need to reset location or network data, going to Setting > General > Reset > Tap Reset Networking Settings or Reset Location & Privacy.
How to Fix iPhone GPS Not Working - Method 4
5. Soft Reset iPhone
Sometimes there may be some software issue with your iPhone, so we can try to soft reset the device. Follow the steps below to perform soft reset. Soft resetting will not wipe out your iPhone data.
Press and hold the “Sleep/Wake” button and “Home” button simultaneously > Keep pressing them for 10 seconds > After you see the appearing Apple logo, you can release both buttons > The starting up process of iPhone will begin and you will see the home screen soon.
How to Fix iPhone GPS Not Working - Method 5
6. Restore iPhone
If all above methods still don’t work, the last way is to restore your iPhone, nuke everything, and start over. But just remember to backup your iPhone before restoring.
How to Fix iPhone GPS Not Working - Method 6
7. Downgrade iOS
There is also an occasion where GPS not working on iPhone happens after iOS updating, especially for iPhone 6. In such situation, the solution is downgrading to the previous iOS.
The Bottom Line
With these seven methods, you can totally figure out how to fix iPhone GPS not working problem. For any question when applying these solution, please leave your message in the comments. We also appreciate your practical new methods. And if you run into any other iPhone problems and issues, you can refer to this solution guide of collection: The Most Common iOS 11 Problems and Solutions >
What's Hot on iMobie
More Related Articles You May Like
- How to Use iPhone 7 Plus Dual Rear Camera – Looking for a tutorial about how to use iPhone 7 Plus Dual Rear Camera? Read this post to make it. Read More >>
- How to Recover Deleted Photos from iPhone Camera Roll – Follow this post to learn how to use Voicemail Transcription in iOS 10. Read More >>
- How to Take Better Photos with iPhone Camera – This post shows you how to take better photos with iPhone camera. Read More >>
- How to Use iPhone Camera as a Magnifier in iOS 10 – Read this guide to learn how to use stickers in iMessage in iOS 10. Read More >>
- How to Fix AirDrop Not Working on iPhone – This guide offers 6 tips to help you fix AirDrop not working issue. Read More >>