“All iMessages on my iPhone X have been deleted by my daughter last night. I know that I can get my iMessages back by restoring from iTunes backup. But we are now on a journey to Africa and I forgot bring my laptop. Anybody knows how can I recover deleted iMessages without computer? Thanks!”
If you are also stuck on the same trouble like above user and looking for a way to recover deleted iMessages without computer, then stop here. In the following, we will show you how to recover deleted iMessages without computer. Also, sharing you another popular way to recover deleted iMessages without any backup & existing data loss. Now, read on with deep attention.
Remember that stop using your iPhone until you get all deleted iMessages back, as any operation like taking new photos, sending messages, etc. will overwrite the deleted iMessages and cause them lose eternally.
Part 1. How to Recover Deleted iMessages without Computer – iCloud
To recover deleted iMessages without computer, then only available way for you is to restore your iPhone from iCloud backup. However, this only method is unless if you have made no iCloud backup before, or the iCloud backup you made doesn’t including the iMessages you deleted.
Also, you must clear that restore from iCloud backup require you to erase all existing data on your iPhone, and those erased data can’t be recovered any more. You can’t choose to restore iMessages only, it asks for a full restore of your iPhone. So, you’d better ensure that the iCloud backup you choose do contain the iMessages you want. Otherwise, you will lose more important data on your iPhone. If you want to keep all your data safe and restore deleted iMessages only, move to Part 2 to make it.
Step 1 Go to Settings > General > scroll down the screen and tap Reset > Choose Erase All Content and Settings > Enter your password.
Part 2. How to Recover Deleted iMessages without Backup or Data Loss
On one hand, iCloud recovery way requires you to erase all previous data on iPhone and needs a full restore. On the other hand, any operation on your iPhone will generate new data and overwrite the deleted iMessages. So, the safest way to recover iMessages is to get outside help from some professional and reliable iPhone data recovery software like PhoneRescue – iOS Data Recovery.
To avoid iMessages overwritten risk and ensure the highest recovery success rate, PhoneRescue is a computer-based software that can help you recover deleted iMessages with no data loss & even without any backup. Below are more outstanding features of it on recovering iMessages.
- Top Success Rate in the Industry – It has helped over millions of iOS users recover deleted iMessages and messages, and highly recommended by those users for iPhone/iPad/iPod data recovery.
- Recover All iMessages Contents – Including texts, photos, videos, audio messages, specific time, etc.
- Only iMessages Recovery – Supports recovering only deleted iMessages, but not a full restore. In addition, it allows you to preview and select the deleted iMessage(s) you prefer most to recover.
- Recover to iPhone’s Message App Directly – Allows you to retrieve the deleted iMessages to Message app on iPhone directly, just like you never lost them. Also, you can choose to store them on your computer in readable formats of PDF, TXT, or .html.
- Keep All Data Safe – Unlike traditional backup recovery way, you won’t lose any file after the recovery process.
- 3 Recovery Modes – 3 different recovery modes: from iDevice directly (even without any backup), from iTunes backup, and from iCloud backup. Unlike traditional iTunes/iCloud backup recovery way, it allows you to check the backup details before recovering and enables you to recover certain file type, no full restoring needs.
Free Download PhoneRescue – iOS Data Recovery prior, and then follow the simple steps below to recover your iMessages with no effort.
Step 1 Install and open PhoneRescue – iOS Data Recovery on your computer > Connect your iPhone to the computer with a USB cable > Choose Recover from iOS Device mode > Click Right Arrow to go to the next page.
Step 2 Check Messages category only > Click OK button to scan the deleted iMessages. If you also want to retrieve other categories at the same time, simply check them.
Step 3 Preview and select the iMessages and attachments you want to recover > Click To Device button to recover them to iPhone’s Messages app directly for instant use. Or you can choose to store them on your Mac/PC by clicking To Computer button.
If you have made an iTunes or iCloud backup before losing iMessages, just read the 2 guides below to check whether the backup contains the deleted iMessages or not. And then read on to learn how to recover deleted iMessages from backup without full restore & data loss.
How to Recover Deleted iMessages from iTunes Backup without Losing Data >
How to Recover Deleted iMessages from iCloud Backup without Losing Data >
The Bottom Line
You may have succeeded in recovering deleted iMessages with above 2 methods. If you have stored lots of important file on iPhone, we strongly suggest method 2 to recover the deleted iMessages. Just try it for free to recover deleted iMessages easily.