After iOS update, find messages or iMessages not working on iOS 10? Read this guide to fix these iOS 10 messages problems, like messages crashes, not sending/receiving, or new iMessages features not working, etc.
PhoneRescue is a full way iOS content recovery tool that helps recover lost iMessages and text messages even without backup. Now download it have a try.
As every Apple fan expected, the new operating system for iPhone iPad - iOS 10 has released to public on Sep.13, 2016. However, this iOS 10 does’t show as Apple said that it is the biggest release of iOS ever, it brings us some new update problems, even the Message App that is attached some top features of iOS 10 also is not working well.
People are reporting many kinds of messages and iMessage problems, like messages/iMessage not sending/delivered, not received, opening, or fail to activate iMessages, and iOS 10 messages new features or effects not working, etc. If you are stuck on any iOS 10 messages problem above, read our post to get solutions to fix it. Let’s move on!
If you lose some very important text messages or iMessages after iOS 10 update, you can still recover them by reading this quick guide.
Part 1. iOS 10 iMessage/Messages Not Working - Not Delivered/Sending
You may be just chatting with your friends with iMessage but only to see iMessage not showing delivered/sending on your iPhone or iPad after upgrading to iOS 10.
How to Fix:
- Make sure you have connected to Wi-Fi or 3G/4G network.
- Tap the ! alert option and try again.
- Turn off and turn on iMessage: Settings > Message > Turn off and turn on iMessage.
- Reboot your iPhone or iPad.
Part 2. iMessage Fail to Activate or Waiting for Activation After iOS 10 Update
After updating to iOS 10, you may see an iMessage waiting for activation error on your iPhone or iPad and fail to activate iMessage after trying again and again.
How to Fix:
- Make sure Date & Time are correct: Settings > General > Date & Time > Set Automatically.
- Make sure you've connected to Wi-Fi.
- Make sure your Carrier support iMessage.
- Turn on Airplane mode and turn it off.
Part 3. Message App Crashes or Freezes After update to iOS 10
Many iPhone users have experienced this on previous iOS 9 or iOS 8 update, no surprisingly, this also happened in this iOS update. If someone sends you a message and your message app keeps crashing or freezing, try fixes below:
How to Fix:
- Use Siri to send a message to the person who just sent message to you.
- Let that person text you again.
- Delete that message just sent to you.
- Reset your iDevice.
Part 4. iPhone Not Receiving Messages/iMessages After Updating to iOS 10
Apple allows you to send green bubble messages and blue bubble iMessages on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. If you can't receive or send messages/iMessages after iOS 10 update, try solutions here.
How to Fix:
- Reset your iPhone or iPad.
- Turn off LTE or use it for data only.
- Reset network settings: Settings > General > Reset > Reset network settings.
Part 5: iOS 10 Messages Not Opening/Blank after iOS Update
After upgrading to iOS 10, some users complained on twitter that Message App not opening or the Message App is white and blank. If you also have the same problem after iOS update, you can try with following solutions: Restart your iPhone: Hold on Power button until the “slide to power off” appears and then scroll to turn it off.
- Try a hard reboot: Hold down Home and Power button for 10 seconds at the same time until while apple logo appears, and then release your fingers.
- Reset all settings: on your iDevice, go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings.
- Restore your iPhone/iPad and then set it as new. Note that make a full back of your iPhone iPad before staring restoring your iDevice.
Part 6: iOS 10 iMessages Features/Effects Not Working
You know, the new iOS 10 brings some nice new features to Message app, such as, replace words with emojis, send iPadsecret messages in invisible ink, send handwritten messages, etc. This will give you a totally new experience to express your emotion and chat with your friends. However, after upgrading to iOS 10, many users found that iOS 10 iMessages features not working, if your iPhone iPad also has the same problem, now try to fix it with following methods:
Method 1: Disable Reduce Motion
To fix iMessage effects not working on iOS 10, the easies way is turning off Reduce Motion. About how to do it, you just need to on your iPhone/iPad: go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Reduct Motion > Tap it to off.
Method 2: Turn off iMessage and then turn it on
On your iPhone or iPad, go to settings > Messages > iMessages > Tap on it to off > Turn it on again.
Method 3: Make sure iMessage is sending from your phone number
After trying the two methods above, if you still fail to fix this iOS 10 message problem, you need to check and see if iMessage is sending from your phone number. About how to check it and set it up, you can follow the steps below:
Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive > Select your phone number in the column of “Start New Conversation From”.
Note: If still didn’t fix, you can try to remove all the emails from the column of You Can Be Reached by iMessages At.
Method 4: Disable 3D Touch and try again
If you still haven’t fixed this iMessage problem, you can try to disable 3D Touch on your iPhone, and then turn it on again if it works.Touch on your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Accessibility > 3D Touch > Tap on it to turn it off.
More iOS 10 Upgrade Related Articles:
- How to Upgrade Your iPhone iPad iPod touch to iOS 10 >
- Should I Update to iOS 10 or Stick with iOS 9 >
- iOS 10 Compatibility: iOS 10 Supported Devices >
- How to Install iOS 10 on iPhone iPad and iPod touch >
- The Most Common iOS 10 Problems and Solutions >
- How to Speed Up Old and Slow iOS 10 Devices >
- How to Free Up Space on iOS 10 Devices >
- How to Prepare for iOS 10 Upgrade >
- How to Downgrade iOS 10 to iOS 9 >