How Long Does iCloud Backup Take
Wondering how long does it take to backup an iPhone to iCloud? In this guide, we will explain you the reasons why is iCloud backup taking so long and offer you an alternative way to backup iPhone.
AnyTrans is a wonderful iOS file manager to backup and transfer your iPhone iPad. Download it to try after reading this guide on how long does it iCloud backup take.
Through our survey, over 79% iPhone users rely iPhone / iTunes / iCloud to store their important personal data. In order to help you extract useful photos, messages, notes and more from your backup, we composed this 2016 iPhone Backup Extractor Software Review for your reference.
Question: "How long does iCloud backup take? Mine is taking forever and I just wanted to know how long did it take for you?"
-- A User from Yahoo Answers
iTunes allows you to backup your iPhone to computer and keeps the backup files locally. Instead, iCloud backs up your iPhone to the cloud, which happens in the background with Wi-Fi connection. However, backing up via iCloud can be painful especially for the first time users, and many users cannot complete the backup for some unknown reasons. Here, we will explain you how long it takes to backup iPhone to iCloud and why sometimes it takes so long to complete the backup.
How Long Does iCloud Backup Take
Also Read: How to Speed up iCloud Backup >
Note: iOS 10 is available now, and if you want to get the new iOS, don’t forget to backup your iPhone via iCloud, iTunes or some iTunes alternative tool. To ensure you a worry-free update, please check out the potential iOS 10 update problems you may meet with solutions.
What does iCloud backup include
There is no concrete answers about exactly how long it takes to backup your iPhone to iCloud. Firstly, you need know that iCloud automatically backs up the following items:
- Photos and videos in your Camera Roll
- Device settings
- App data
- Home screen and app organization
- iMessage, text (SMS), and MMS messages
- Visual Voicemail
The time it takes to back up for the first time depends on the file size being backed up (you can find this from your back up settings) and how fast your Wi-Fi connection is. For example, if the upload speed is around 1 Mbps so 1 GB may take around 2 hrs to upload.
Also Read: How to Backup Your iPhone 6/6s to Computer >
Why is the iCloud backup taking so long
As we mentioned, the backup time of iCloud mainly depends on two reasons: the backup size and the Wi-Fi speed. So if you have a fairly full device, say 8GB of stuff, then the first backup will be very long. And if the Internet connection is unstable or slow, the time to backup your iPhone to iCloud will be relatively slow.
iCloud backup takes so long – a optional way to backup iPhone
If you think iCloud or iTunes is slow on backing up iPhone, you can try AnyTrans. It is an iOS file manager that helps backup and transfer content on your iPhone iPad and iPod in a quicker way.
- One-click to backup iPhone to computer in readable format, including photos, videos, music, ringtones, contacts, messages, notes, etc.
- Selectively backup only part of content to computer like few pictures or selected notes, giving you more control.
- Transfer data back to iPhone without wiping data.
- Sync data between two iPhones (from an old iPhone to new iPhone 7).
To transfer anything you like from iPhone to PC/Mac as backup, you can: Download AnyTrans and run it > Connect your iPhone to computer > Click the Content to PC/Mac button > Select the files you want to backup > Click Start Transfer.
iCloud Backup Takes So Long – Backup iPhone with AnyTrans
The Bottom Line
If you want to view the backup files on iCloud, please refer to two ways to access iCloud backup. If you have any ideas on why it takes so long to backup iPhone to iCloud, please share it with us in the comment section. At the same time, don’t forget to have a free try on AnyTrans.
What's Hot on iMobie
New iOS Data to iPhone Transfer Guidelines > iMobie Team·August 12
2016 Best iPhone Data Recovery Tools Review > Corrinla·August 27
2016 Best iPhone Backup Extractor Tools > Tom·August 16
How to Recover Deleted Text Messages iPhone > Corrinla·March 17
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to PC > Kelly·August 06
More Related Articles You May Like
- Top 6 iCloud Alternatives for Backing up iDevices - Read this post to check some top best alternatives to iCloud and choose your favorite one. Read more >>
- Best Alternatives to iTunes 2016 – Read this guide to check the software list of Top 3 Alternatives to iTunes. Read more >>
- How to Download Photos from iCloud to Computer - Read this post to know how to download pictures from iCloud to Mac or PC easily. Read more >>
- How to Download Contacts from iCloud - In this guide, you will get two methods to download iCloud contacts easily. Read more >>
- How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone – Want a way to transfer from the old iPhone contacts to the new? Check this guide to learn more. Read More >>
- How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac – Learn how to offload your Camera Roll photos from iPhone to your Mac in few clicks. Read More >>
- What Is the Best iPhone File Transfer – Need an all-in-one iPhone File Transfer software to keep everything organized? Here is the answer. Read More >>