How to Transfer Music from Computer to iPod
No matter you want to transfer music from computer to iPod or from iPod to computer, you can find answer in this post! iMobie AnyTrans helps you transfer music between computer and iPod (touch) easily and quickly.
Download AnyTrans and transfer music between computer and iPod after reading this guide about how to move music between iPod and computer.
We received a nice bit of requests asking about how to transfer music from iPod to computer (PC or Mac). If you have the same question, please jump to our bonus tip: How to Transfer Music from iPod to Computer >
Since the first generation of iPod, there were more than 300 million iPod units sold worldwide, and the iPod line has dominated digital music player sales in the US, with over 90% of the market for hard drive-based MP3 music players.
Must Read: How to Transfer Music from iPod to iTunes >
Now we are discussing this outdated topic 'How to Transfer Music from Computer to iPod' by hoping that someone may get better understanding about iPod and iTunes.
Part 1. How to Transfer Music from Computer to iPod with iTunes
- Have iTunes installed on your computer. Tip: If you were Windows Media Player user, you need to transfer songs from Windows Media Player onto iTunes library first.
- Open iTunes, click File > Add File to Library to import your music (Ctrl+O).
Transfer Music from Computer to iPod Step 2
- Connect your iPod to the computer through USB cable. And then you can copy and paste the songs from the iTunes library over to the iPod device, which is supposed to show on the left side of iTunes. If nothing is happening when you drag songs, you may have to go to Summary and check the Manually manage music and videos box.
Transfer Music from Computer to iPod Step 3
- At last, you will find the music you selected has transferred onto iPod devices. This approach would be very annoying if your music files did not put together, because you need to find them one-by-one and import them into iTunes library before transferring to iPod.
Part 2. How to Transfer Music from Computer to iPod with AnyTrans.
In this part, you will know an alternative way to transfer music from computer to iPod with AnyTrans, and you may learn about:
1. MUCH EASIER & FASTER computer to iPod transfer method with drag-n-drop interface;
2. Import music to iPod from any computers. You even don't have to authorize that PC;
3. Freely add new iPod music without erasing existing ones.
AnyTrans is meticulously designed for copying iPod music and everything back to computer hard disk. Without bringing up bulky iTunes & tedious iTunes sync, you can freely backup iPod music and never mind the original music collection get lost.
Step 1. Download and install AnyTrans on computer. Open AnyTrans, and connect your iPod to computer via USB cable.
Step 2. Click on Audio button, and choose music.
Transfer Music from Computer to iPod with AnyTrans – Step 2
Step 3. Click the "+" button on the right hand corner, and choose the songs on your computer, then click Open to start transferring.
Transfer Music from Computer to iPod with AnyTrans – Step 3
Important Note: Compared to sync music with iTunes, you won't lose any previous song on your iPod when transferring music from computer to iPod with AnyTrans. By the way, if you are moving music from computer to iPod after iOS 8 update, here is a to-do list about what you should do after updating to iOS 8.
Bonus Tip: How to Transfer Music from iPod to Computer
Most of our digital music are saved in two places, on our computer and on our MP3 player like an iPod. The chances are we might lost our computer (or the data on it) due to crashed hard drive, long-term usage or accidental damages.
Even the worse news is that the music you purchased disappears along with it. So what's left? A handicapped iPod, as Apple restricts its gadgets to sync with one music library. Feel like getting a life-saving straw? Not yet, you should keep it in mind that any attempts to sync your iPod with a different computer will result in an iPod with all your music deleted.
Follow us to transfer music from iPod (touch) to computer by following the steps below:
Step 1: Launch AnyTrans on your computer (Mac or PC) > Connect your iPod or iPod touch to computer with USB cable. According to the type of your device, follow the steps below to transfer music from iPod (touch) to computer:
For iPod touch: On Homepage of AnyTrans, click Audio > Select Music > Enter Music manage page.
How to Transfer Music from iPod touch to Computer with AnyTrans – Step 1
For iPod: On Homepage of AnyTrans, click Must to enter music manage page.
How to Transfer Music from iPod to Computer with AnyTrans – Step 1
Step 2: On music manage page, select the songs you want to transfer to computer > Click to Computer to transfer music from iPod to computer with ease.
How to Transfer Music from iPod to Computer with AnyTrans – Step 2
- AnyTrans supports all the modes of iPod and iPod touch. No matter what device you are working with, AnyTrans helps you transfer music between iPod and computer.
- Except transferring music from iPod (touch) to Mac or PC, Anytrans also allows you transfer music from iDevice to iTunes library.
More Related Articles You May Like
- How to Transfer Photos from iPod to Computer - Read this guide to learn how to move photos from iPod touch to computer. Read more >>
- Transfer iPod Music to iTunes - PodTrans Pro is the answer to transfer iPod music and other media content to iTunes library. Read more >>
- How to Delete Songs from iPod - This guide will show you how to delete songs from iPod, iPod touch without using iTunes. Read more >>
- How to Transfer Music from iPhone to Computer - How to Copy Music from iPhone to Computer without any limits. Read more >>