This post aims at showing you how to fix iTunes problem with Windows installer package. If you are encountering this annoying problem, this post is exactly what you need.
Downloading Apple software on Windows is just easy and simple, however, it seems that not everyone can easily install iTunes to their Windows computer. Here is one email we got from Mrs. Wong.
Whenever trying to download iTunes on my computer on Windows 7, a message always pops out saying “there is a problem with this Windows Installer package”. What should I do now? I really need to make a backup of my iPhone.
Actually, Windows installer package error does not only occur when installing iTunes, but also occur when installing other Apple software like iCloud. If iTunes problem with Windows installer package is what you are encountering, don’t fret, here are some useful tips to help you. Now, let’s get started to fix this annoying issue!
1. In this post, we take Windows 7 as an example. If you are running Windows 10 or Windows 8, the steps might be slightly different.
2. If you are encountering Windows installer package error while installing other Apple software like iCloud, you can also give those methods a try.
Tip 1. Fix Windows Installer Package Error by Repairing the Software
Step 1. Go to the Windows Control Panel > Programs and Features.
Step 2. Scroll to iTunes and right click it, select Repair.
Step 3. After the repair process, uninstall iTunes and download iTunes again and see if you can install iTunes normally.
Tip 2. Fix Windows Installer Package Error by Microsoft Install and Uninstall Program
1. Install and Uninstall Program only works on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.
2. Before trying this tip, please make sure you have the latest Windows update installed.
Step 1. Click here to download Microsoft Install and Uninstall program. Launch it.
Step 2. Click Next. Select Uninstalling when asked if you are having problems with installing or uninstalling.
Step 3. Select iTunes, click Next.
Step 4. When asked if you want to Uninstall or Cleanup, select “Yes, try to uninstall”. Wait patiently for the process to end.
Step 5. Close this program and then try to install the iTunes again.
We all know the importance of backing up iPhone data to the computer regularly. However, it seems that iTunes causes endless trouble, for instance, installation problem on Windows, data erase, iTunes error 21.
I am not saying that iTunes is a bad program, it helped so many iOS users backup iOS data anyway. With the development of technology, many iOS data manage tools capable of offering iOS users more convenient and easy ways to backup iOS data are launched and sometimes they work so much better than iTunes. AnyTrans for iOS is one of them.
AnyTrans for iOS, developed by iMobie team, is an excellent iOS data management tool. It is said to be the tool to backup iOS data because:
1. AnyTrans for iOS supports backing up more than 24+ types of data, like contacts, messages, photos. You can just backup any data in any formats as you want.
2. AnyTrans for iOS offers you the option of backing up all data or selectively backup data from iPhone to computer. Besides, you can select the export path.
3. After exporting, you can view the data on the computer as you wish. Moreover, you can even view the data in previous iTunes backup with AnyTrans for iOS.
4. AnyTrans for iOS could even help you transfer data from computer back to your iPhone.
With the above two tips, you can certainly fix iTunes problem with Windows installer package. Do those two tips helpful? Do leave comments below. By the way, as you can see, AnyTrans for iOS is indeed a better iOS backup tool than iTunes. Now, iMobie offers all users 7-day free trial. Why not get it now and start a free trial right away?
Product-related questions? Contact Our Support Team to Get Quick Solution >