How to Fix AirDrop Not Working on iPhone/iPad
AirDrop not working on iPhone or iPad? Don’t worry! There are some tips you can use to fix this AirDrop problem in iOS 11 or iOS 10/9/8, no matter on iPhone 6/6s/7/SE or older iPhone 5/5s/4s.
Download AnyTrans to quickly transfer songs, pictures, contacts and other 20+ iOS files between two iOS device, or between device and computer. Just give it a try after reading this iPhone AirDrop not working guide.
AirDrop Not Working on iPhone
“I can’t airdrop photos after updating to iOS 11 on my iPhone 6 plus”.
“My new bought iPhone 7 failed to AirDrop to my Mac.”
– iPhone users reported.
You may know what is AirDrop and what AirDrop can do. But when you plan to transfer some files from iPhone to MacBook, or from iPhone to iPhone with Airdrop, you may encounter the problem of "AirDrop not working”. Don’t worry. You can follow this post and try the tips below to fix this AirDrop issue.
Don’t Miss: How to Transfer Music from iPhone to Computer
Something You Should Know before using Airdrop on iPhone iPad
If you want to use AirDrop, your devices should be running in iOS 7, Mac OS X lion (10.7) or later, and the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth should be turned on your iOS devices. In addition, you’d better make sure the distance between the two devices is not too wide (less than 30 feet, about 9 meters).
6 Tips to Fix AirDrop Not Working in iOS 11/10/9/8
There are some basic tips you can have a try when your AirDrop won’t work on iPhone 6/6s/7/SE or older iPhone 5s/5, and it also work on iPad/iPod touch.
- Turn off and then turn on Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. Check your network, turn off your Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, and then turn them on.
- Force restart your devices. Hold on both of “Power” and “Home” buttons until the Apple logo appears on screen. For iPhone 7 users please press “Home” button and “Volume down” button to make it.
- Log out and then log in iCloud. Go to Settings > iCloud, log out of your iCloud account and then login your iCloud.
- Update iOS to latest. This problem may be some bugs coming with the iOS operating system you cannot fix. So just wait for the f new iOS to fix it.
- Reset Networks. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
- Use another tool. Try some alternative tools, such as AnyTrans, to share songs, pictures, contacts and other files between two iOS devices, or between Mac and iOS.
The Bottom Line
After going through all of the tips above, you may still in the problem and cannot use AirDrop to share files on your iPhone? You can post your AirDrop problem on the comment section. And also welcome any solution about this AirDrop not working on iPhone problem.
What's Hot on iMobie
More Related Articles You May Like
- How to Fix iTunes Won't Sync – This guide tells you some tips to fix iPhone won’t sync with iTunes after updating to iOS 9. Read More >>
- Fix iTunes Backup Problem of Not Enough Space – This post offers some fixes to iTunes backup problem – Not Enough Space. Read More >>
- How to Share Data with AirDrop – This tutorial shows you how to share data with other iPhone iPad iPod via AirDrop. Read More >>
- Common iOS 9.X Problems and Solutions – This article tells you the most common iOS problems you may meet. Read More >>
- How to Export Contacts from iPhone – Read this guide to see how to export contacts from iPhone. Read More >>
- How to Transfer Photos from Computer to iPad – Read this post to see how to download photos to iPad. Read More >>