How to Create AAC Version in iTunes
Want to create AAC version in iTunes? This step-by-step article will tell you how to create AAC version in iTunes 12.7 and 12.6.
This all-in-one iTunes alternative can help you transfer iOS content in an easy and simple way. Download it to have a try.
You know, Apple Company has released the newest iPhone X and iPhone 8. With lots of new features, both these two iPhone modes attract lots of attentions. Are you plan to get a new iPhone 8 or iPhone X too? When you get new iPhone, you may want to set custom ringtones on your iPhone. That is easy to do this, the traditional method is to add music to iTunes and create AAC version in iTunes. Then, add it to Tones. Finally, sync ringtones to iPhone. However, many users always have such a question: How do I create an AAC version in iTunes? If you have no idea, read on, the following text will offer you the detailed steps of creating AAC version in iTunes.
How to Create AAC Version in iTunes
To create AAC version in iTunes, you can follow steps below to make it with ease.
Step 1. Open iTunes on your Mac or PC computer.
Step 2. Under the Library, select Songs. Then, tick a song.
How to Create AAC Version in iTunes - Step 2
Step 3. Click File (on Mac) or Library (on Windows) > Convert > Create AAC Version.
How to Create AAC Version in iTunes - Step 3
1. For Mac users, this works for iTunes with 12.7 and the old version. However, in the iTunes 12.7, you can create AAC version as before, but you’re not be allowed to sync ringtone to iOS device. There is no Tones option any more.
2. For Windows users, if you have updated iTunes to 12.7, well, there is no option of “Create AAC Version” at all.
iTunes will convert the song into a new song in m4a format. After the process finished, you’ll see there are two different formats of the same song in iTunes. The second one is the AAC version; you can click Show in Finder to check it.
Check the AAC Version Converted by iTunes - 1
You can see the m4a version of this song already on your computer now. You can sync it to your iOS device as ringtone via iTunes.
Check the AAC Version Converted by iTunes - 2
Bonus Tip: How to Get Ringtones to iPhone in an Easy Way
In this part, we will introduce you an easy way to transfer any music as ringtones on iPhone directly and easily. What you need is an amazing iTunes alternative - AnyTrans, which can help you transfer any song to iPhone as ringtones directly. More importantly, it supports both Mac and PC computer, and supports all iPhones iPads, even the new iPhone 8 and iPhone X.
Now, download AnyTrans and follow steps below to transfer music as ringtones directly.
Step 1. After installing AnyTrans on your Mac or PC computer, open it and connect your iPhone with USB cable. Click the button and go to category page.
How to Get Ringtones to iPhone with AnyTrans - Step 1
Step 2. Click on Audio and select Ringtones.
How to Get Ringtones to iPhone with AnyTrans - Step 2
Step 3. Click “+“ button, browse and select songs on your computer, here we select 4 songs, and then click Open to start transferring music from computer to iPhone as ringtones directly.
How to Get Ringtones to iPhone with AnyTrans - Step 3
1. AnyTrans will auto convert it to m4a format that ringtone supported, just as converting AAC version in iTunes and syncing to iPhone.
2. You can set the length of the ringtone in 25 seconds, 40 seconds or original length, go to AnyTrans in the menu bar > Preference > General > Ringtone on Mac, or clicking Settings area in the top left corner on AnyTrans homepage> Transfer Settings > General > Ringtone on PC.
After the process finished, you can check these ringtones on your iPhone by going to Settings > Sounds > Ringtone. You can see the transferred songs already became ringtones on your iPhone now.
Check Transferred Ringtones on iPhone
The Bottom Line
That’s all for how to create AAC version in iTunes, if you still run iTunes in 12.6 and before, you can sync it to iPhone as ringtone after creating AAC version in iTunes. If you’re not, and you’re searching for an easier way, you can have a try on AnyTrans.
What's Hot on iMobie
More Related Articles You May Like
- How to Convert MP3 to iPhone Ringtones – This guide will show you the method of coverting MP3 as ringtones on iPhone. Read more >>
- How to Transfer Ringtones from iPhone to iPhone – Follow this post to transfer ringtones from one iPhone to another iPhone directly. Read more >>
- How to Fix Ringtones Not Working – This article offers you 5 solutions to fix iPhone ringtones not working after iOS 11 update. Read more >>
- How to Fix Bluetooth Always On in iOS 11 – This article will tell you why Bluetooth always on in iOS 11 and how to fix it. Read more >>