Why Tones/Ringtones Not Showing in iTunes & How to Fix
Update to iTunes 12.7, find Tones tab not appearing in iTunes, and ringtones also not showing? Read this guide to see why Tones tab and ringtones not showing in iTunes and also get an easier way to add ringtones to iPhone iPad.
Download this best iPhone ringtone maker and transfer tool firstly, and then manage your iPhone ringtones better after reading this post on why iTunes Tones tab not showing and how to fix.
After upgrading to iTunes 12.7, you must have found some differences, like iTunes Apps and Tones tab not showing in this iTunes 2017. Even if you uninstall it, and install it again, you’ll find Tones and Apps tab still not appearing in iTunes. What has happened? Why Tones/Ringtones not showing in iTunes? Is it a bug of iTunes 12.7? In this guide, we will tell you what’s wrong with iTunes Tones tab and why it is not showing.
Tones/Ringtones Not Showing in iTunes 12.7
Why Tones/Ringtones Not Showing in iTunes
In the newly released iTunes 12.7, Apple removes the ability to manage ringtones and apps. Just like it says “ iTunes has been updated to focus on music, movies, TV Shows, podcasts, and audiobooks”. Therefore, there is no longer Tones tab or Apps Tab in left hand panel.
Tones/Ringtones Not Showing in iTunes
How to Fix: iTunes Tones/Ringtones Not Showing
Just like we said above, Apple removes the Tones and Apps tab. In other words, tones tab missing from iTunes is one of the changes Apple made, and it is not an iTunes problem or bug. So there is no way to fix this iTunes Ringtones/Tones tab not appearing problem.
If you previously synced tones or ringtones to iPhone iPad with iTunes, in this iTunes 12.7, it is not supported any more. Then how to sync ringtones to iPhone or iPad in iTunes 12.7? Apple suggests you to use the Sounds Settings on your device to redownload them without your computer. However, if you already have some ringtones in old iTunes library, or you have ringtones on your computer, how to get them to your iPhone iPad? Next, we will show you how to add ringtones to iPhone iPad without iTunes.
How to Sync Ringtones/Tones to iPhone iPad without iTunes
Although iTunes doesn’t support syncing ringtones, and Tones tab not appearing in iTunes any more, if you had some ringtones in iTunes library when in previous iTunes version, these ringtones still store on your computer. All you need to do is finding them out.
- For Windows users who are working with Windows 7 and later: Open: C:\Users\username\My Music\iTunes\
- For Mac users: Go to Home > iTunes > iTunes Media > Tones.
Remember the storage path, or get them to the Desktop of your computer. Then we will show you how to add these ringtones to iPhone iPad without iTunes. Before starring the tutorial, firstly we need to know the tool we will use – AnyTrans.
AnyTrans, a powerful iOS content management tool, also can work as an iPhone ringtones maker and transfer tool with some killer features, like:
1. Sync ringtones to iPhone iPad without erasing any existing data on device.
2. The ringtones in iTunes library and computer can be added to iPhone iPad.
3. Easy enough to make a song to iPhone’s ringtone, just like abc. All you need to do is adding them to your iPhone iPad, their will become the ringtones on your device.
4. During transferring process, convert any unsupported music formats, like m4a, wav, wma, mdi, mp3, to the iPhone ringtones’ format – m4r.
5. Set the length of your ringtones as you like, in 25 seconds, 40 seconds or original length.
6. Also can add ringtones from iPhone back to iTunes or computer, even from one iPhone to another iPhone iPad.
Now follow us to learn how to sync ringtones or tones to iPhone iPad with AnyTrans.
Step 1: Download AnyTrans on your computer > Connect your device to computer via USB cable > Choose Device Manager > Go to category management screen.
Add Ringtones to iPhone with AnyTrans – Step 1
Step 2. Click Audio > Choose Ringtones.
Add Ringtones to iPhone with AnyTrans – Step 2
Step 3. Click Settings button to set the duration of the ringtones or the conversion time for the ringtones > Click Save to confirm.
Add Ringtones to iPhone with AnyTrans – Step 3
Step 4: Click “+” button > Find the folder with ringtones or songs you want to transfer > Select the ringtones or songs you like > Click Open to start adding ringtones to iPhone.
How to Add Ringtones to iPhone iPad without iTunes – Step 4
Step 5: Check the transferred ringtones on your iPhone iPad. Go to Settings App > Sounds > Ringtones > Select the ringtone you like as the ringtone of your iDevice.
Check Transferred Ringtones on iPhone iPad
After updating to iTunes 12.7, Apps tab also not showing in iTunes, if you also want to sync some Apps to iPhone iPad, you can move to this guide – Why iTunes Apps Not Showing and How to Fix to make it in soon.
The Bottom Line
After reading this guide, you must have known why Tones not showing in iTunes, where to find tones in iTunes (if you had old ones), and how to sync ringtones to iPhone iPad without iTunes. Why not download AnyTrans to add ringtones to iPhone iPad, or make any song your like to iPhone ringtones?
What's Hot on iMobie
More Related Articles You May Like
- Why Apps Not Showing Up in iTunes – This guide tells you why there is no Apps tab in the newest iTunes. Read more >>
- How to Transfer Videos from Computer to iPhone 8/X – Read this guide to see how to put videos on your iPhone. Read more >>
- How to Transfer Music from iPhone to iPhone 8/X – This post will tell you how to send songs from iPhone to new iPhone. Read more >>
- How to Transfer Ringtones from iPhone to iPhone 8/X – Read this article to see how to transfer ringtones to new iPhone. Read more >>