This article is about how to set up and activate your new iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus. If you are a new iPhone user, this would be quite helpful.
Download AnyTrans free trial on your PC or Mac so that you can move data from any iPhone to your new iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus without tedious backup and restore.
iPhone 7 is getting closer and is expected to be released next month. It will come alongside with iOS 10 that brings a set of new features, which are not owned by its predecessors. Once you get a new iPhone 7, there are some essential things you need to do: setting it up and activate it right away.
We are assuming that you are updating from an old iPhone, and during the setup process, you are allowed to transfer data to new iPhone 7 from an old iPhone with iTunes or iCloud. If you are an Android user and this is your first iPhone, please check out How to Move Data to iPhone 7 from Android Phone.
Now keep reading to learn how to set up iPhone 7/7 Plus and make sure everything is configured and working just exactly the way you want.
Before we start, what is worth mentioning that you should backup your old iPhone via iTunes or iCloud in advance, so that you can directly restore from backup when follow the steps to set up iPhone 7.
You May Also Like:
1. Turn on your brand-new iPhone 7, or iPhone 7 Plus. You will see the "Hello" screen in many languages. Slide to right to continue.
2. Choose the language you want and tap your country or region.
3. Choose a Wi-Fi network and make sure your iPhone 7 is connected with Wi-Fi. If you're setting up your iPhone 7 with cellular connection, tap on Use Cellular Connection.
4. Enable Location Services or disable Location Services.
5. From the Touch ID screen, you can set your fingerprint.
6. Then create a Passcode: you can set up six or four digit passcode.
7. From the Apps & Data screen, you can transfer data to your new iPhone 7:
8. Sign in with Apple ID and password (you can also skip this step). After sign in with your iCloud account, you might need to set up iCloud Drive, Apple Pay, and iCloud Keychain.
9. From the Set Up Siri screen, you can set up Siri by pressing and holding the home button. Or you can tap Turn on Siri later to skip this step.
10. Choose Send or Don't Send Diagnostic information to Apple.
11. Choose between two display resolutions: Standard or Zoomed. Then tap Next to continue.
After getting a fire-new iPhone 7 you may want to learn some useful tips to better maintain your new iPhone. And we also prepare you some basic tips to save your iPhone 7 battery and free up more space on it.
Meet some annoying problems with your iPhone 7 that running iOS 10, like Wi-Fi problems, iMessage issues, or Bluetooth not working? Please check out the most common iOS 10 updating problems and solutions >