This article is about how to set up and activate your new iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus. If you are a new iPhone user, this would be quite helpful.
Download AnyTrans for iOS free trial on your PC or Mac so that you can move data from any iPhone to your new iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus without tedious backup and restore.
As an Apple lover, you must have known the latest iPhone 8 (Plus) and iPhone X already hit the store, and the most expensive iPhone ever is also available in November. For most Apple fans, iPhone 8 and iPhone Plus doesn’t have too many kill features in comparison to iPhone X, however, iPhone X is the most expensive iPhone ever, and starts from $999. If you have a limited budget, iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus is also a nice choice.
We are consuming that you are updating from an old iPhone, and during the process you are looking for ways to transfer data from an old iPhone to new iPhone 7/7 Plus with iTunes or iCloud. Or you are an Android user and just get an iPhone 7/7 Plus and don’t know how to set up it correctly, just focus on this guide and make sure everything is configured and working just exactly the way you want.
Before we start, what is worth mentioning is that you should backup your old iPhone via iTunes or iCloud in advance, so that you can directly restore from backup when follow the steps to set up iPhone 7.
1. Turn on your brand-new iPhone 7, or iPhone 7 Plus. You will see the "Hello" screen in many languages. Slide to right to continue.
2. Choose the language you want and tap your country or region.
3. Choose a Wi-Fi network and make sure your iPhone 7 is connected with Wi-Fi. If you're setting up your iPhone 7 with cellular connection, tap on Use Cellular Connection.
4. Enable Location Services or disable Location Services.
If you have already set up your iPhone 7/7 Plus and want to go back to the App & Data window, you can: Settings > General > Reset > then tap "Erase all content and settings."
5. From the Touch ID screen, you can set your fingerprint.
6. Then create a Passcode: you can set up six or four digit passcode.
7. From the Apps & Data screen, you can transfer data to your new iPhone 7:
8. Sign in with Apple ID and password (you can also skip this step). After sign in with your iCloud account, you might need to set up iCloud Drive, Apple Pay, and iCloud Keychain.
9. From the Set Up Siri screen, you can set up Siri by pressing and holding the home button. Or you can tap Turn on Siri later to skip this step.
10. Choose Send or Don't Send Diagnostic information to Apple.
11. Choose between two display resolutions: Standard or Zoomed. Then tap Next to continue.
After activating your new iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus, and you also need to repair your Apple Watch with your new iPhone again if you already own one.
You May Also Like:
After setting up your iPhone 7/7 Plus, the first thing you want to know may be how to transfer important data even everything from old device to your new iPhone 7. No matter your old device is an iPhone or an Android smartphone, it’s quite easy to make it with the help of AnyTrans for iOS, which allows you to transfer, backup and manage files on your iPhone 7/7 Plus with more flexibility.
After getting a fire-new water-resistant jet black iPhone 7 you may want to learn some useful tips to better maintain your new iPhone. And we also prepare you some basic tips to save your iPhone 7 battery and free up more space on it.
Meet some annoying problems with your iPhone 7 that running iOS 11, like Wi-Fi problems, iMessage issues, or Bluetooth not working? Please check out the most common iOS 11 updating problems and solutions >