Actually, transferring music from iPhone to iPhone is not that hard. As for purchased songs, just log in your Apple ID and download songs to your new iPhone. If you want to send non-purchased songs from iPhone to iPhone, iTunes is a nice tool to rely on. However, the whole process is complicated and time-consuming, especially those who are new to iTunes. Moreover, using iTunes to transfer music from iPhone to iPhone will definitely erase the existing data on the new iPhone.
Since iTunes has so many limitations, lots of iOS users are seeking for other easier and quicker methods to transfer music between iPhones. In the following guide, we will not only share you the most time-saving and labor-saving way (Method 1) to transfer music from iPhone to iPhone effortlessly, but also the common ways to do the task.
Method 1: Transfer Music from iPhone to iPhone without iTunes [Simplest & Quickest]
If you are tired of the tedious process of transferring with iTunes, and prefer the simplest and quickest way to transfer music from one iPhone to another, then AnyTrans for iOS can be the most ideal choice. AnyTrans for iOS is an all-sided iOS data transfer tool, which can help you transfer songs from iPhone to new iPhone directly. And below are its highlights on music transfer:
- Labor-Saving & Time-Saving. Makes the complicated steps as plain as 1 click. And it takes only 32 SECONDS to transfers over 3000 songs.
- No Data Erase. Unlike iTunes, it will erase no data on your new iPhone while or after the transferring process.
- More than Music. Supports transferring other up to 31 file types between iPhones, like photos, contacts, messages, notes, etc.
- More Directions Transfer. Also supports transferring music from iPhone to computer, to iTunes library/flash drive.
Now, Free Download AnyTrans for iOS and install it on your Mac/PC computer firstly, and then follow the simple steps below to transfer music from iPhone to iPhone in minutes.
Step 1. Connect your iPhones to transfer music.
Launch AnyTrans for iOS on computer and plug in your two iPhones via USB cables. Once your iPhones are recognized, select your old iPhone, scroll down to the category management page.
Step 2. Choose Music category to get details.
Click Audio and choose Music category to get all songs on your old iPhone.
Step 3. Transfer music from iPhone to iPhone.
Select the songs you want to transfer and click the “To Device” button to transfer music from one iPhone to another now.
[Video Tutorial] How to Transfer Music from iPhone to iPhone Directly
Bonus Part. How to Transfer Music from iPhone to iPhone Wirelessly
If there is no USB cable available or your iPhone cannot be recognized by your computer, then you can try the AnyTrans app to transfer music from iPhone to iPhone wirelessly.
Now connect your two iPhones with the same Wi-Fi and install AnyTrans app on the two iPhones. You can download it by clicking the below button or directly search AnyTrans on App Store.
Step 1. Open AnyTrans on your old iPhone, tap on My QR code on the top-right corner of your old iPhone.
Step 2. Open AnyTrans on your new iPhone, and tap on the Scan button to scan the QR code on your old iPhone.
Step 3. Choose Music category on your old iPhone > Tap on Select button at the top right corner to select music > Select the music you want to transfer to your new iPhone > Tap on Send to iPhone button to transfer the selected songs.
Method 2: How to Transfer Music from iPhone to iPhone with iTunes
With iTunes, you can transfer purchases from your source iPhone to iTunes library and then transfer the synced music from iTunes to your target iPhone. As you can see, only purchased songs are supported. To transfer all songs, please go back to Method 1.
Step 1 Connect your source iPhone to computer via USB cable.
Step 2 Launch iTunes and go to File > Devices > Transfer Purchases from [your iPhone name] to transfer music from iPhone to iTunes.
Step 3 Connect the target iPhone to your computer and then open iTunes.
Step 4 Click Songs, choose the music you’d like to transfer to the target iPhone.
Step 5 Right-click and choose Add to Device, then click your device name to send the items to your iPhone.
Method 3: How to Transfer Music from Old iPhone to New iPhone with iTunes Store
With iTunes Store, you can transfer music from iPhone to iPhone as well. But only the songs purchased from iTunes Store are supported. Both of your two iPhones need to sign into the same Apple ID. To transfer all songs, please go back to Method 1.
- Sign into the target iPhone with the Apple ID you used to buy the music.
- Go to iTunes Store > More > Purchased on the iPhone.
- Choose Music, click the “Not on This iPhone” tab, and select All Songs.
- Click the download icon next to the songs or “Download All” in the top-right corner to get these songs to your iPhone.
Method 4: How to Transfer Music from iPhone to iPhone without Computer
Here are two ways to transfer music from iPhone to iPhone without computer. Just read on to get the two ways.
Option 1. Transfer Music from iPhone to iPhone without Computer via AirDrop
The AirDrop function lets you easily transfer a few photos from iPhone to iPad, requires iOS 7 on iPhone 5 and later. On iOS 11 or later device, please press and hold on the wireless control box and then you will access the AirDrop. Also, AirDrop only allows you to share music one by one.
- Open the Control Centre on both the iPhones by swiping up on your device > Tap on AirDrop > Choose “Everyone”.
- Open the Music App on the source iPhone and choose the song you want to transfer > Tap the “More” button at the right lower corner > Tap the “Share” icon.
- Choose AirDrop and choose the target iPhone to send the song > On your target iPhone, just tap Accept to receive the song.
Option 2. Transfer Music from iPhone to iPhone without Computer via Email
Using email is another way to share music between iPhones without computer. But this method is not suitable for these users who have lots of music to share, as there is a limitation on the size of the email.
- Open the Mail app on your iPhone > Hit the compose button to open a new email creation window.
- Fill your own email address on the recipient field > Tap the “Add Attachment” button.
- Upload the songs you want to transfer > Tap “Send”.
- Open Mail app on your another iPhone and receive the songs.
Method 6: How to Transfer Music from Old iPhone to New iPhone with Home Sharing
This way allows you to play the songs of one iPhone on another, namely, the music is not really copied from an iPhone to another. And please ensure your two iPhones are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- On the source iPhone, tap Settings > Music. Scroll down to find Home Sharing.
- Enter your Apple ID and Password and tap Done.
- Repeat above process on your target iPhone.
- Open the Music app on the target iPhone.
- If you don’t use Apple Music, tap More > Shared and tap the Library you want to listen. If you do use Apple Music, simply tap “My Music”, then tap “Songs” or “Albums” and select Home Sharing.
The Bottom Line
When you get a new iPad, iPhone 6/6s/7, or iPhone 8/8 Plus, or iPhone X, or iPhone XS/XS Max/XR, and want to import all songs, movies, apps, photos, contacts, messages, notes, books from the old one, you can get AnyTrans for iOS installed on your computer and follow this guide to make it. For any doubts, write down in the comments to let us know.