We would like to share some problems our customers encountered:
“I was having trouble remembering my password to my encrypted backup for my iPhone.”
“I want to recover an Apple iPhone backup encryption password.”
“I encrypted iTunes backup before, but I did not remember the password. Can you help me?”
If you just encounter the similar situation above (forget the iTunes backup passcode and don’t want to encrypt iTunes backup in the future.), don't worry. You can try “Remove iTunes Backup Encryption” mode to remove iTunes backup encryption with a few clicks. The following instructions will help you do it.
|Windows OS||Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, Vista, both 32bit and 64bit|
|macOS||macOS Ventura, macOS Monterey, macOS Big Sur, macOS Catalina, macOS Mojave, macOS High Sierra, macOS Sierra, OS X 10.10|
|iOS||iOS 16, 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5|
1. Before making use of AnyUnlock, you're supposed to download iTunes to help detect iPhone/iPad/iPod touch. (iTunes 9.0 or above, including the latest iTunes.)
2. If you want to get more info about the tech specs, please refer to this page.
|Benefits||Free Version||Activated Version|
|Remove iTunes Backup Encryption|
Before you start removing iTunes Backup Encryption, get the tool downloaded on your computer. Please make sure the network is stable while downloading and installing AnyUnlock - iPhone Password Unlocker on your computer.
After downloading and installing AnyUnlock on your computer successfully, please launch AnyUnlock on your computer and choose “Remove iTunes Backup Encryption” mode directly.
After choosing the mode, you will see the interface below. Then please click “Start Now” button.
Then, AnyUnlock will detect your device automatically. You can view the basic info about your device (Product Type and iOS Version).
1. If AnyUnlock is unable to detect your iOS device, you can try to fix this issue by following troubleshooting steps:
① Please download the latest version of AnyUnlock.
② Check whether your USB cable is loose. If it is, please reconnect it. If USB cable is broken, please give a new one a try.
④ If problem persists, please contact our Support Team for further diagnosis.
2. After connecting your device, please make sure that you have trusted the computer and the device is unlocked.
After clicking “Remove Now” button, removing iTunes backup encryption will start automatically. It will take a few minutes to finish the process. Please kindly keep patient.
When iTunes Backup Encryption is removed successfully, you will see the interface as below.
1. After removing iTunes backup encryption successfully, you need to set up your iOS device.
2. If you want to view or restore iTunes backup data, you can give Data Recovery software - named PhoneRescue a try.