How to Fix iPhone Photos Not Showing Up on Computer (PC and Mac Included)
iPhone 6/6s/7/8/X photos not showing up on PC/Mac computer? Please keep reading and you will learn several ways to fix iPhone pictures not showing up on computer.
Have a try on AnyTrans to transfer photos on iPhone iPad to PC or Mac, and vice versa. Now read on this guide to learn how to fix iPhone photos not showing up on PC/Mac.
Recently, a lot of users encounter another problem - DCIM folder not showing on computer. To help more users, we added a bonus tip to this post, click here to fix DCIM folder not showing on computer issue.
Read this guide in other languages: Français
Q: I have an iPhone 7 with more than 1000 photos and a windows 7 PC. When I plug in my iPhone and it is recognized, but when I open the pictures folder (DCIM), there is no photos. Why iPhone photos not showing up on PC? I've tried everything I could do, nothing works. Please help! Thank you.
An Email from One User
Having too many pictures saved on a 16GB or 32GB iPhone will waste the limited storage, that’s why we want to import iPhone photos to PC or Mac to free up space. However, sometimes you may encounter the iPhone photos not showing up on computer issue as the above user, which can happen to iPhone 4s/5/5s/6/6s/SE/7/8/X users, especially on Windows computer.
In this guide, we will show you some potential fixes to fix the above issue, and provide you with an iOS Photo Manager that helps make iPhone photos (Camera Roll, Photo Stream, Photo Library, or Albums) show up on PC/Mac computer.
Quick Fixes on iPhone Photos Not Showing Up on PC/Mac Computer
For PC Users:
Here are several quick and potential fixes to solve iPhone photos not showing up on PC.
- Restart your iPhone and your Windows PC. This is the simplest way to try and it will not erase any data on your iPhone.
- Make sure your iPhone is NOT locked and it is showing the home screen when you plug it in.
- Try a different USB port if you have one.
- Try enabling Windows AutoPlay. When you turn AutoPlay on, you can choose what should happen when you plug in with your iPhone on your PC, and it allows you to import photos from Camera Roll to PC.
For Mac users:
Normally, iPhone photos not showing up on computer issue seldom happens on Mac computer. If you are unlucky and stuck on this problem, you can try following solutions.
- Restart your iPhone.
- Restart your Mac computer.
- Reconnect your iPhone to computer.
- Change another Apple USB cable.
For more solutions, please refer to: How to Fix iPhone Photos Not Showing Up on Mac >
Fixes on iPhone Not Showing All Photos on Computer
Some users can't access one single iPhone photos on computer while some users can only access a few iPhone photos. Frankly, iPhone not showing all photos on computer issue is quite normal. On PC, only photos on Camera Roll could be displayed, so there is no way to display photos on Photo Library or Photo Stream. To check photos from Photo Stream, Photo Library or Photo Share, you might need a tool like AnyTrans.
On Mac, however, photos can all be displayed on iPhoto. If you find iPhoto doesn't show all your photos, check if you have enabled iCloud Photo on both iPhone and Mac. If iCloud Photo on both iPhone and Mac is enabled, try to take some new pictures and see if photos are on Mac. If not, you may also try to use AnyTrans to view photos from iPhone on Mac computer.
Best Solution to Make iPhone Photos Show up on Computer (PC/Mac)
AnyTrans is a full-way iPhone file management tool. As mentioned above, it allows you to view iPhone photos on PC/Mac. What's more, it could also help you get photos to computer as backup, including photos on Camera Roll, Photo Library, Photo Stream, Photo Share and Albums. Now, please follow us to view iPhone photos on PC/Mac computer.
Step 1. Free download AnyTrans and launch it on your computer. Connect your iPhone to computer via USB cable.
Step 2. Go to main page of AnyTrans as shown below, click Photos then select a photo type (Take Camera Roll as an example).
How to Fix iPhone Photos Not Showing Up on Computer - Step 2
Step 3. There all photos on iPhone could be displayed. You can use AnyTrans to download those photos to computer, upload photos to iCloud and transfer them to another iDevice.
How to Fix iPhone Photos Not Showing Up on Computer - Step 3
Also Read: How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac >
Bonus Tip: How to Fix DCIM Folder Not Showing on Computer
Besides iPhone photos not showing up on PC/Mac computer, you may also encounter another problem - DCIM folder not showing on computer. Normally, when connecting iPhone to PC, right after the iPhone storage is showing up, the DCIM folder can be seen. However if the iPhone screen is locked, the DCIM folder containing all your pictures on your Camera Roll would be empty. Just unplug your iPhone and then unlock your iPhone screen, plug in your iPhone back to computer, DCIM folder can be seen.
Also Read: How to Fix Can’t Delete Photos from iPhone >
The Bottom Line
That’s how to fix your iPhone photos not showing up on PC, and if you have any other ideas about this issue, please share it with us in the comment section.
What's Hot on iMobie
More Related Articles You May Like
- How to Delete Pictures from iPad – This guide shows you a fast way to delete photos from your iPad. Read more >>
- How to Transfer Photos from Mac to iPhone 6 – This guide shows you how to get photos from Mac to iPhone 6. Read more >>
- How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to iPhone – Read this guide to learn 3 ways to transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone. Read More >>
- How to Transfer Photos from iPhone 6s to Computer - Here you will find an easy way to transfer pictures from iPhone 6s to computer. Read more >>
- How to Print Pictures from iPhone – Read this guide to see how to print photos from iPhone in 3 ways. Read more >>