How to Share Your iTunes Library – In 3 Simple Methods
How to share your iTunes library with your families or friends with ease? In this guide, we will show you several ways to share iTunes Library between users without data loss.
AnyTrans is capable of extracting your iTunes library and allows you to manage it in a smart way. Download the free trial to have a try after reading this post on how to share iTunes library.
You may have built up a beefy iTunes library with several years’ efforts, and you may have collected your favorites, classic stuffs, including music, movies, videos and more. You may like to share iTunes library with your families and friends to enjoy the sharing happiness. However, what’s the point of having such an impressive iTunes library if you can’t share it with your families or friends?
Sharing iTunes library is an easy job for experienced Apple users. If you still haven’t done this, check the following guide to get 2 simple methods to share your iTunes library with your friends and families without data loss.
Part 1. How to Share iTunes Library with AnyTrans
AnyTrans is an iOS extractor and transfer that is capable of sharing iTunes library from between iPhone users. You won’t need to use same Apple ID on both iPhones or connect to same home network.
- Extract your iTunes library, and show you all the media files in it like music, playlist, movies, TV Shows, ringtones, audiobooks, etc.
- Allow you to share content in iTunes library to any iPhone, and no existing data will be wiped.
- Transfer music, videos, ringtones, voice memos, photos and more from iPhone to iPhone directly, and to computer as backup.
Step 1. Download AnyTrans and run it. Connect the iPhone (your mother’s iPhone or your friend’s iPhone) to your computer, so you can share your iTunes library to him/her with AnyTrans.
Step 2. Go to the manage page of iTunes Library in AnyTrans.
How to Share iTunes Library with AnyTrans
Step 3. Here you will see all the content in your iTunes library, and you can select the songs or movies to share to any iPhone by clicking the To Device button on the upper right corner.
How to Share iTunes Library with AnyTrans
Note: With AnyTrans, you can directly share content from one iPhone to another, and to computer. Select the files you want to share and click the right button.
Share Content on iPhone with AnyTrans
Part 2. How to Share iTunes Library with Home Sharing
With Home Sharing, you can share iTunes library between users, but there are some limitations:
- The computers need to be on and awake, and iTunes needs to be open.
- Your shared iTunes library will appear on other computers, iOS devices using iOS 4.3 or later, and Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation).
- On the shared computer, you need to have Home Sharing turned on, use the same Apple ID, and the same home network.
Steps to share iTunes library with Home Sharing:
- Open iTunes on your computer.
- Go to File > Home Sharing > Turn on Home Sharing.
- Sign in with your Apple ID and password. Use the same Apple ID on the computer or device on your Home Sharing network.
- Click Done.
- On another Mac or PC, open iTunes. Repeat the steps above to turn on Home Sharing. You can turn Home Sharing on for up to 5 Macs or PCs.
- Your can now share music, movies, TV shows, apps, and more from one authorized computer to another.
How to Share iTunes Library with Home Sharing
Part 3. How to Share iTunes Library with iTunes
Except for the above 2 ways, you can also use iTunes to share your iTunes library with your families or friends. And before starting, make sure that your have iTunes open on your computer for other people to see your shared library and playlists. At the same time, you should make the Sharing is intended for personal use and works only with computers on the same home network.
Steps to Share iTunes Library with iTunes
1. Open iTunes to access iTunes library on your computer.
(Mac: From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen, click iTunes > tap on Preferences.
Windows: Press the Control and B keys on your keyboard to open the iTunes menu bar > Choose Edit > Click Preferences)
2. Click the Sharing tab.
3. Share selected playlist: you can choose the contents you want to share or select "Share my library on my local network " to share entire iTunes library with others.
How to Share iTunes Library with iTunes
Important Note: What if you find out the songs lost after sharing iTunes library with your friends or families? Don’t worry, all you need is a trouble-free iPhone data recovery – PhoneRescue to recover what you want.
The Bottom Line
Sharing iTunes library with AnyTrans is easy and straightforward, and you can also share messages, contacts, notes, photos and more from one iPhone to another with it. Now download AnyTrans to get free trial.
What's Hot on iMobie
New iOS Data to iPhone Transfer Guidelines > iMobie Team·August 12
2016 Best iPhone Data Recovery Tools Review > Corrinla·August 27
2016 Best iPhone Backup Extractor Tools > Tom·August 16
How to Recover Deleted Text Messages iPhone > Corrinla·March 17
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to PC > Kelly·August 06
More Related Articles You May Like
- How to Transfer Text Messages to iPhone SE – This guide will show you how to transfer texts to new iPhone SE. Read more >>
- How to Transfer Contacts to New iPhone SE – Read this post to learn how to transfer contacts from old iPhone to iPhone SE. Read more >>
- How to Put Music on iPhone SE without iTunes - This article will show you two ways to put music on iPhone SE. Read more >>
- How to Recover Deleted Notes on iPhone SE - This guide will show you two ways to undelete notes on iPhone SE: with or without backup. Read more >>