How to Add Ringtones to iPhone 8/X/7/6/6s/5s/4s without iTunes
How to put ringtones on iPhone 8/X/7/6s/6/5s/5/4s/SE easily? Feel tired of iTunes syncing? Follow this guide to add your favorite ringtones to your iPhone without iTunes.
Download AnyTrans on your computer so you can freely manage iOS data on your iPhone/iPad/iPod. Now get started to learn how to transfer ringtones from computer to iPhone without iTunes.
Q: "I'm trying to add a downloaded m4r file (it's that silly song "Getaway" from Arrested Development's 4th season). I've added the song to my iTunes library, where it does show up and play. And I've tried to "Sync Tones" - to no avail. The tones in the iPhone's menu are just on that menu which comes with the device, and I don't see any area where new tracks could be added, unless they're just alphabetically inserted into the existing list (which doesn't strike me as likely)."
-- From Apple Support Communities
How to Put Ringtones on iPhone
Putting your favorite ringtones on the iPhone is to some extent complicated and time-consuming. In old time, most users failed to add the ringtones they made to their iPhone because of the confusing interface of iTunes; And now, soon after iOS 11 releasing, Apple also updated iTunes to 12.7 version, but unluckily, Apple has already moved out the tabs of Tone and App on this version, which means there is no more features of ringtone making, transferring, deleting, etc. any more.
Many users complained about this unfriendly change. So Apple released the iTunes 12.6.3, bring back Tone tab and dealing with such situation. However, you need firstly notice that iTunes 12.6.3 is not the version officially recommended by Apple, without technical support service.
Besides, when most users downgrade from iTunes 12.7 to 12.6.3, they need recreating the iTunes library, and encounter iTunes Library.itl cannot be read problem. So how can you really put ringtones on iPhone without such unpleasant issues, with ease?
Here in this guide, we will talk about an alternative way to add ringtones to iPhone 4s/5/5s/6/6s/7/8/X directly. Just follow the 3-step tutorial to set ringtone on iPhone without iTunes.
Also Read: How to Move Data to New iPhone 7 >
Tools You Will Need
- An iPhone and a USB cable;
- A PC/Mac computer with ringtones you want to add to your iPhone;
- An iPhone content manager - AnyTrans.
Why You Need AnyTrans?
AnyTrans is a comprehensive and easy-to-use iPhone content manager, which allows you to transfer data among iDevice, computer and iTunes. It also lets you view iCloud content, access iCloud backup and save them to computer.
1. It can help you add ringtone to iPhone without iTunes, and will not erase any existing data.
2. It also allows you to make a song as ringtone in 25 seconds, 40 seconds or original length.
3. It enables you to transfer iPhone ringtones to computer/iTunes, and even to another iPhone directly.
In addition, AnyTrans supports other types of iPhone content, such as, music, videos, photos, voice memos, contacts, messages, notes, calendar, apps, books etc. Now follow the steps below to set ringtone on iPhone without iTunes.
Can’t Miss: How to Transfer Playlist from iTunes to iPhone >
How to Add Ringtones to iPhone 8/X/7/6s/6/5s/5/4s without iTunes
You need to download and then install AnyTrans on your computer, and there are two versions for you: Windows & Mac. Then follow instructions to add ringtones to iPhone in 3 steps.
Step 1. Launch AnyTrans, and link your iPhone to computer via USB cable. Click the button at right to manage files by category.
How to Add Ringtone to iPhone without iTunes – Step 1
Step 2. On the homepage, click "Audio" and choose "Ringtones" to enter the manage page.
How to Add Ringtones to iPhone without iTunes – Step 2
Step 3. Click the "+" button on the top-right of this window, and browse the ringtone you want to put to your iPhone, then click the "Open" button to start transferring.
How to Set Ringtone on iPhone without iTunes – Step 3
Ways to set the ringtone length:
On Mac: Go to AnyTrans menu bar > Click AnyTrans > Preference > General > Ringtone.
On Windows: On AnyTrans homepage, click the Settings area in the top left corner > Transfer Settings > General > Ringtone.
1. After AnyTrans making and transferring a ringtone, you can directly set the ringtone in your iPhone 8/X/7/6s/6/5s/SE/5/4s without iTunes: Go to Settings > Sounds > Ringtone > Select the ringtone transferred before, and done.
2. Probably some of users desire for how to make a song a ringtone on iPhone 8/X/7/6s/6/5s/SE/5/4s without computer, not just no iTunes. If so, you can get it done by installing GarageBand app from App Store. But notice firstly: This app is very large with over 1 GB. Besides songs protected and one not stored on your device cannot be edited and imported.
Step 4. View the transferred files, and set them as ringtones on your iPhone.
To set up ringtones on iPhone, you just need to do the following steps: Go to Settings App > Tap on Sounds > Tap on Ringtone under SOUNDS AND VIBERATION PATTERNS column > Select the one you like as the ringtone under Ringtones column.
How to Set Ringtone on iPhone without iTunes - Step 4
Also Read: How to Get Voice Memos Off iPhone >
The Bottom Line
AnyTrans takes care of every piece of your iPhone content, from a small note to the whole music library. If you want to add ringtone to iPhone without iTunes, then AnyTrans can be your best choice. Just try it by yourself. Any question on this guide or AnyTrans is warmly welcomed, meanwhile, don't forget to share this guide with your friends.
What's Hot on iMobie
More Related Articles You May Like
- How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone 6 - If you are wondering how to transfer contacts to new iPhone, you can find the solution here. Read more >>
- How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to iPhone 6 - You can find an easy and quick way to transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone 6. Read more >>
- How to Transfer Music from iPhone 6 to PC - This guide tells you how to transfer music from your iPhone 6 to the computer. Read more >>
- How to Transfer Music from iPhone 6 to Mac - Here you will find out how to transfer music from iPhone 6 to Mac. Read more >>