How to Transfer Music from External Hard Drive to iTunes with Ease
If you are confused about transferring music from external hard drive to iTunes, you can take 5 minutes to get 2 alternative methods in this guide to help you out.
Download AnyTrans prior to save your time before we start this guide to help you copy music from external hard drive to iTunes.
iTunes can be our good helper in helping us manage music. So you may like to add music to iTunes from external hard drive. In this way, you can listen to music on computer and also sync songs to your iPhone, iPad or iPod. You may know that some of the iTunes-unfriendly music format cannot be imported to iTunes. Here in this guide will show you two solutions for you to choose from. Let’s begin.
Part 1. Transfer Music from External Hard Drive to iTunes with AnyTrans
AnyTrans is one professional iOS data manager that can let you have a better control of your iPhone/iPad/iPod content.
- It can convert and transfer iTunes incompatible songs from external hard drive/computer to iTunes without data loss.
- You can also transfer music from iPhone to iTunes, to computer, to external hard drive, or even to another iDevice freely.
- Lets you put music on iPhone/iPad/iPod without erasing the existing data.
- AnyTrans also supports managing ringtones, photos, videos, podcasts, contacts, messages, notes, apps etc.
Step 1: Launch AnyTrans > Connect your iDevice to computer > Plug in your external hard drive > Scroll down on the homepage and click on Audio > Choose Music.
Transfer Music from External Hard Drive to iTunes with AnyTrans – Step 1
Step 2: Click on “+” button > Select your external hard drive > Choose the songs you want to transfer > Click on Open.
Transfer Music from External Hard Drive to iTunes with AnyTrans – Step 2
Step 3: Select the songs that have been transferred from external hard drive > Click on To iTunes.
Transfer Music from External Hard Drive to iTunes with AnyTrans – Step 3
Note: You can delete the songs by clicking the Delete button if you do not like the songs stored on your device after the transfer.
Part 2. Transfer Music from External Hard Drive to iTunes Directly
You can transfer iTunes-supported music formats from external hard drive to iTunes directly, including MP3, AAC, M4A, WAV, M4R, AIF, AIFF and M4B.
Step 1: Open iTunes > Plug in your external hard drive.
Step 2: Click on File menu in iTunes > Choose Add to Library.
Step 3: Select your external hard drive > Choose the music or music folder > Click on Open.
Transfer Music from External Hard Drive to iTunes Directly
Note: If you cannot find Add to Library option, you can go to Preferences > Advanced > Select Keep iTunes Media Folder organized and Copy files to iTunes Media folder when adding to library > Click on OK to enable it.
The Bottom Line
Hope this guide can help you transfer music from external hard drive to iTunes successfully. If you are interested in AnyTrans, just click here to have a 7-day free trial to explore more！
What's Hot on iMobie
More Related Articles You May Like
- How to Transfer Music from External Hard Drive to iPhone – Read this guide to download external hard drive songs to iPhone easily. Read More >>
- How to Share iTunes Library Between Users – This post shows you two ways to share iTunes library between users. Read More >>
- How to Share Music on iPhone 6s/SE – Read this guide to get one way to share iPhone music to iTunes, to computer or to another iPhone. Read More >>
- How to Transfer Videos from iPhone/iPad to External Hard Drive – Want to transfer videos from iPhone/iPad to external hard drive but don’t know how? Read More >>