You can set a screen lock for your Android device. However, you may need to remove this lock due to several reasons. Thus, in this post, you will get to know about how to remove the screen lock pin on Android, no matter you have forgotten it or not.
It is always suggested to protect the Android device so as to prevent any unauthorized access. Thus, to ensure the device’s privacy, you may set a screen lock for your smartphone. All the Android devices come with an in-built security system that allows you to lock the device’s screen. You can put a password, PIN fingerprint, or pattern lock to protect the device.
However, if you don’t want to spend time unlocking your device every time by entering a PIN or password, then you may be looking for ways to remove screen lock PIN on Android. Instead, if you have forgotten your Android device password due to some reasons, you can also take some measures to turn off PIN on Android.
There are certain ways through which you can successfully remove an Android device PIN, fingerprint, password, or pattern lock. Surely, It will be quite easy to remove screen lock PIN on Android if you can enter the correct PIN code. However, if you have forgotten screen lock PIN on Android, you can also use 4 ways to turn it off on your Android phone.
If you don’t want to unlock your Android device with a PIN, then you can remove it in 2 ways without performing the factory reset. These ways require you to recall the enter corresponding screen lock PIN. Let’s check it out in brief.
If you are looking for ways to how to remove screen lock PIN on Android, then it is one of the easiest ways to disable the screen lock. It begins with going to the “settings” option of the Android device. Here you need to remember that Android device lock screen settings may vary according to different devices. However, by following the below-mentioned steps, you will be able to remove the PIN on most Android phones.
1. Open the “Settings” app from the home screen of your device.
2. Click on the “Security” or “Location & Security” option.
3. Click on the “Lock Screen Password” option.
4. Click on the “Screen Lock” and enter the correct PIN.
5. Select the “None” option and confirm to remove the screen lock.
Some of the Android devices won’t allow you to remove the PIN. In this case, you can disable the Android device administrator. Here’s how to do it:
Due to some reasons, if you have forgotten your PIN, then you might face difficulties in removing the screen lock. So, if you are wondering how do I unlock my Android phone if I forgot my PIN, then we have got you covered. When you have access to the right tools, unlocking the Android devices becomes easy too. So, here we have mentioned four methods that you can use to remove the screen lock PIN.
Let’s begin with the easiest and quick solution for your problem of removing forgotten screen lock PIN on Android. DroidKit is an excellent tool, through which you can remove the screen lock PIN. Furthermore, it is a hassle-free method as no skills are required to use this tool.
Free Download * 100% Clean & Safe
Despite removing PIN from Android, you can also use DroidKit to solve different issues like recovering lost photos, messages, WhatsApp chats, etc., without backup or root. It is an all-rounder tool that works effectively and supports all Android phones and tablets. You can download the latest version of DroidKit and remove the screen lock with simple clicks. All that you need to do is follow the steps listed below:
Step 1. Launch DroidKit on your PC > Select the Unlock Screen mode to start the progress of removing the screen lock PIN.
Step 2. On the “Unlock Screen” page, ensure to read the notes properly and tap on the Start option. Make sure that you have connected the Android device to the computer through a USB cable.
Step 3. Now, follow the instructions shown on the screen to put the Android device into recovery mode. It will wipe off the cache pattern on your device.
Step 4. After waiting for a few minutes, the screen lock will be removed from the Android device and you will see the Screen Lock Removal Completed interface as below.
That’s all, in three quick steps, you will be able to unlock the screen. It is an effective way to solve the issue of how do I unlock my android phone if I forgot my PIN.
Factory reset is another option that you can try. However, it is important for you to know that all your files and data will be deleted permanently with this method. So, if you don’t have a backup of your apps, documents, photos, and other files, you are not suggested to bypass Android lock with a factory reset. Here is how to remove screen lock PIN on Android by performing a factory reset.
1. Long press the “Power” button of your Android device and tap on the “Power Off” option. It will turn off the device.
2. Now, press and hold the “Volume Down” and “Power” buttons simultaneously to enter the Recovery Mode. Keep holding them until you see the “Start” menu on the screen.
3. Press the “Volume Down” button to highlight the “Recovery Mode” option. Now, press the “Power” button to confirm the selection.
4. Select the “Wipe data/Factory Reset” option. Press the “Volume Down” button to select and the “Power” button to confirm the selection.
5. Tap on the “Yes” option to start the factory resetting process.
6. After a few minutes, your Android device screen will be unlocked.
For this method, you will require a Google account and this link. It is important for you to note that this method will not work if your Google account is not tied to your Android device. Here is what you have to do.
1. In the link, put your login credentials of the Google account that is connected to the Android device.
2. After logging in, select the “Erase Device” option.
3. After the data deletion, your Android device will restart. Now, your device will provide you a chance to log in back and set the device again.
If the issue of how do I unlock my android phone if I forgot my PIN is not resolved yet, then you can try this last method. However, you must know that this method is compatible with older versions of Android devices, particularly devices with KitKat 4.4 operating system or lower. Follow the steps mentioned below for this method.
1. Insert the incorrect PIN five times on your Android device.
2. From the options, choose “Forgot PIN.”
3. Now, your Android device will show you the option to sign in to the Google account to finish the reset process.
That is all about how to remove the screen lock PIN on Android. All the methods mentioned above will help you in removing the screen lock. However, it is recommended that you should free try DroidKit, as it will give you quick results.
Product-related questions? Contact Our Support Team to Get Quick Solution >