PhoneRescue – iCloud Backup Extraction Tool
Different from the traditional way, PhoneRescue for iOS can help you extract only text messages from iCloud backup. There’s no need to do a full restore, no need to erase anything on iPhone before restoring. Just Free Download it now to restore iPhone messages from iCloud easily.
iCloud is a great tool to save your iPhone messages. There are two different methods to put the iPhone messages in iCloud. The first one is the iCloud syncing. You can enable this feature by these steps: Go to Settings > Tap [your name] > Tap iCloud > Turn on Messages. Then all messages on your iPhone will be synced to your iCloud storage and can be seen on other iOS devices which login in the same iCloud account. The other way is backing up your iPhone with iCloud. Still, it is very simple: Connect your device to a Wi-Fi network > Go to Settings > [your name], and tap iCloud > Tap iCloud Backup > Tap Back Up Now. Please stay connected to your Wi-Fi network until the process completes.
However, obviously, how to save the iPhone messages in iCloud is not what this guide is about. In this guide, we will mainly show you how to restore the messages from iCloud when you need them in such situations like transferring text messages from iCloud to fill in the new iPhone, or when your text messages are lost from your iPhone 8/iPhone X, you can get them back from iCloud backup; etc. But how? Here are the detailed steps in the following.
How Do I Recover Text Messages from iCloud Syncing?
If you have turned on the message option in iCloud, all of your messages will be shown in iCloud, and any other iOS devices with the same iCloud ID would also have the authority to see the messages. But if you delete some pieces of the messages, they will be gone from the iCloud storage and the iPhone. For now, it seems that there is no solution to find the messages and get them back unless you try to contact the Apple official asking for help.
How Do I Retrieve Messages from iCloud Backup?
If you have backed up your iPhone to the iCloud, here are the detailed steps for you to restore text messages from the iCloud backup. But before you take this method, there are a couple of notices you need to know first.
It requires you firstly resetting, to erase all existing data on your iPhone. If your iCloud backup was saved a long time ago, restoring from iCloud probably leads to some other data and files, which have not backed up to iCloud before, missing and irretrievable. Most times, you also probably just would like to restore only text messages from iCloud. But the iCloud won’t allow you to do that, but restore the whole backup file to iPhone.
If you have read and known the things talked above, here we go with the steps below,
1. Reset your iPhone. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
2. Set up your iPhone. Follow the onscreen setup steps until you reach the Apps & Data screen, then tap Restore from iCloud Backup > Sign in to iCloud with your Apple ID > Choose the backup you want.
3. Wait for the process finishing. Stay connected and wait for a progress bar to appear and complete. Depending on the size of the backup and the network speed, the progress bar might need a few minutes to an hour to complete. If you disconnect from Wi-Fi too soon, the progress will pause until you reconnect.
However, if you are afraid of the backup probably does not contain what you want, or you just plan to extract the text messages from the iCloud backup and don’t want the data erasing happening, we recommend you a professional iCloud backup extractor tool to help you with this job. It is PhoneRescue for iOS. Why?
1. PhoneRescue ensures you 100% security and privacy to restore text messages from iCloud.
2. It enables you to preview every single piece of message, and then restore the base on your need.
3. There is no need to erase your iPhone firstly, or other likely operations, to endanger the current data on your device.
5. Besides from iCloud, you can also restore your iOS data from iDevice directly, and from iTunes. Also equipped with the function to fix various iOS problems, stuck in recovery mode, Apple logo, etc.
6. All iPhone models supported: iPhone 4/4s, iPhone 5/5s/5c/SE, iPhone 6/6s (Plus), iPhone 7 (Plus), iPhone 8 (Plus), iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max.
With so many outstanding features, why not Free Download and try it now (or directly click the Download button below), and then we begin with the detailed steps to retrieve messages from iCloud without effort?
How to Restore Only Text Messages from iCloud to iPhone
Step 1 Run PhoneRescue for iOS on your computer (PC/Mac) > Connect your device to it > Choose Recover from iCloud > Click right arrow at the right corner.
How to Restore Text Messages from iCloud to iPhone 8/X – Step 1
Step 2 Sign in your iCloud account > Choose the backup files, which contains the text messages you want > Click the download button to continue.
How to Restore Text Messages from iCloud to iPhone 8/X – Step 2
Step 3 Then a screen will pop up noticing you choose what kind of data you would like to retrieve. Check Messages option and click OK button, then it will begin downloading the iCloud backup.
How to Restore Text Messages from iCloud to iPhone 8/X – Step 3
Step 4 After downloading, select Messages or Message Attachment > Preview and select the messages you want to recover > Click on To Computer button to download them to the computer or To iDevice button to get them to your iPhone.
How to Restore Text Messages from iCloud to iPhone 8/X – Step 4
The Bottom Line
As you can see from the steps above, PhoneRescue for iOS will definitely not erasing any data of your device, and you can restore any single message from iCloud backup to your iPhone. So why not have a try with it now? If you have any question about it, you can contact our support team by email, or directly live chat at this page. If you like this guide, don’t forget to share it with your friends.