How to Retrieve Data/Files/Information from iCloud (Backup) for iPhone iPad
Don’t know how to retrieve data from iCloud? Read this guide to learn a new way to retrieve data or files from iCloud without restoring your iPhone iPad or iPod touch.
Free download and install iMobie PhoneRescue on your computer firstly, and then follow the guide to retrieve data, files or other information you want from iCloud or iCloud backup.
With the new iOS released, many users will upgrade their iPhone/iPad/iPod touch to iOS 10. It is recommended to backup your device via iCloud or iTunes, so that you can easily get back lost data if you suffer a failed update. To help you update your iPhone to iOS 10 smoothly, we offer you the most common iOS 10 update problems and solutions.
As an iPhone or iPad user, you know, once you enable iCloud on, and connect your iPhone iPad to a Wi-Fi network and a power source, all your iOS contents will be backed up to iCloud sever. However, once you backed up iOS contents to iCloud, or created an iCloud backup, you never can retrieve or view what you had backed up unless you plan to restore your iPhone iPad or iPod touch with them. This makes it impossible to retrieve some specific data or file from iCloud backup.
Therefore, many users wonder how to retrieve data from iCloud, is there any way to retrieve information from iCloud without restoring iDevice, even how to selectively get data or files from iCloud instead of the whole backup files, etc. If you also are one of them, you will figure them out after reading this guide.
Normally, people want to retrieve data or files from iCloud (backup) due to the following reasons:
- Want to restore deleted or lost iOS contents from iCloud backup after losing them from iDevice. If you are stuck on this situation, please move here >
- Want to move contents from old iDevice to the new after getting a new iPhone or iPad. If you get a new iPhone iPad, and want to transfer data from old iDevice to new iDevice, you can follow this guide to make a smooth upgrade.
- Want to retrieve some files from iCloud backups that are made before with restoring iDevice. If you are stuck on this situation, please move here >
Next, we will show you 2 ways to retrieve data from iCloud, including a new way - retrieving data from iCloud backup without restoring iDevice, and a traditional way - restoring iDevice with iCloud backup.
Method 1: Selectively Retrieve Data/File from iCloud with PhoneRescue
To selectively retrieve data, files or information from iCloud (backup), you need to choose a powerful iOS data recovery that can help you get what you want from iCloud backup. iMobie PhoneRescue is the tool you are looking for.
Just like its name shows, PhoneRescue is an iPhone/iPad data recovery software that helps iDevice users recover deleted or lost iOS contents. In fact, it also can be used as an iPhone/iPad backup extractor to retrieve data/files/information from iCloud backup, and it supports 20+ types of iOS contents, like Photos, Videos, Text Messages, Contacts, Call History, Notes, Reminders, etc. Anyway, whatever you want to retrieve from iCloud, iMobie PhoneRescue helps you make it. Free Download PhoneRescue to Try It Now >
Next, install and launch PhoneRescue on your computer, and then follow us to restore data from iCloud with steps below:
Step 1. Launch PhoneRescue > Select Recover from iCloud > Click on Right Arrow to enter next page.
How to Restore Data from iCloud with PhoneRescue – Step 1
Step 2. Sign in with your Apple ID > Select the backup you need > Take some minutes to download it > Click on Right Arrow to scan the backup.
How to Restore Data from iCloud with PhoneRescue– Step 2
Step 3. Preview and select the items you need > Click on To Computer button to get them back.
How to Restore Data from iCloud with PhoneRescue– Step 3
- PhoneRescue work well with both of Windows and Mac computer, and it is also compatible with all backups based on iOS versions, like iOS 7/8/9/10.
- Retrieving data from iCloud is limited to that you have made an iCloud backup of your iPhone iPad in advance, and this iCloud backup contains the data you want to retrieve.
- If you fail to restore data from iCloud, you can use PhoneRescue to scan your iPhone iPad iPod touch thoroughly and check if you can recover deleted iOS data on iPhone iPad directly without backups, or extract what you want from an iTunes backup, if you have make one.
- When retrieving data from iCloud with PhoneRescue, except your can exporting retrieve data to PC or Mac computer, you also can get them back to your iPhone iPad directly. All you need to do is clicking To iDevice button in Step 3 of Method 1.
You May Like:
Method 2: Retrieve Data/Files from iCloud (Backup) By Restoring Your iDevice
Retrieving data or information from iCloud with restoring iDevice, all the current data and settings on your iPhone iPad will be erased. If you just want to extract some iOS data or file from iCloud, you can move to Method 1 to make it.
For users getting a new iPhone: Launch Setup Assistance and follow screen prompt to set up your new iPhone > Select Restore from iCloud Backup when Apps & Data options pops up > Next > Enter your Apple ID and password > Agree to iCloud terms and conditions > Pick up the right and compatible iCloud backup you made > Stay connected and wait for the process to finish.
Read the full guide: How to Set up and Activate Your New iPhone 6/6s (Plus) >
For other users: Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings > Erase iPhone/iPad/iPod > Enter your password to confirm it > Input the password of your Apple ID to proceed > Waiting for iPhone to erase contents and restart > Set up your iDevice as it is a new one, and then follow this step-by-step guide to finish the setup.
Erase iPhone and Restore iDevice with an iCloud Backup
The Bottom Line
As you can see, with iMobie PhoneRescue, it is easy enough to retrieve data, files or information from iCloud (backup). More than anything, you don't need to restore your device, and all the data on your device will keep intact. Why Not Download and Give It A Try Now >
What's Hot on iMobie
New iOS Data to iPhone Transfer Guidelines > iMobie Team·August 12
2016 Best iPhone Data Recovery Tools Review > Corrinla·August 27
2016 Best iPhone Backup Extractor Tools > Tom·August 16
How to Recover Deleted Text Messages iPhone > Corrinla·March 17
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to PC > Kelly·August 06
More Related Articles You May Like
- How to Download iCloud Backup to PC/Mac – Read this guide to download iCloud backup to PC/Mac computer with ease. Read More>>
- How to View Text Messages on iCloud – Read this guide to extract deleted text messages from iCloud backup. Read More >>
- How to Export Contacts from iCloud – This guide will show you how to export iPhone contacts from iCloud. Read More>>
- How to Restore Photos from iCloud – This post will guide you to restore photos from iCloud/iCloud backup. Read More >>