How to Backup & Restore iPhone iPad with iTunes Simply
How to backup and restore iPhone/iPad with iTunes? In this guide, we will offer you detailed tutorials about how to backup iPhone/iPad to iTunes and restore iPhone/iPad from iTunes (backup), you just need to follow us and perform on your iDevice.
Read this guide and learn how to backup and restore iPhone/iPad with iTunes, then download PhoneRescue - iOS data recovery to extract data from iTunes backup without restoring iDevice or erasing any data on your device.
[Last Updated: June. 29, 2017]
Apple launched iTunes is a media program used to manage and play media, it can also connect to iTunes Store for users to purchase and download apps, music, movies and so on. However, the most amazing feature of iTunes is managing iOS data. With iTunes, you can backup iOS data on your iDevices and restore iDevices from iTunes backups after data loss. If you are a new user of iTunes and innocent of how to backup and restore iDevices with iTunes, here in this post, we will show you step by step to backup and restore iPhone/iPad with iTunes.
How to Backup iPhone/iPad with iTunes
To backup the information on iPhone iPad, the first thing is to make sure the computer has the latest version of iTunes. Then, follow these steps:
Step 1. Connect iOS device to computer > Open iTunes if doesn't pop up automatically > Click the iOS device name on the top right corner (beside the iTunes Store button).
Step 2. Tap "This computer" button > Choose "Back Up Now" on Backups column. (For encrypt backup, please skip step 2.)
How to Backup iPhone/iPad with iTunes - Step 2
Step 3. Tap "This Computer" button > Tick "Encrypt iPhone/iPad backup" to enter into password.
How to Backup iPhone/iPad with iTunes - Step 3
If you only want to backup data like Photo, Messages instead of all data on your iDevice, you may also try AnyTrans. How to Backup Only Part of iOS Data on iPhone to Computer >
Don't miss > How to Delete a Backup in iTunes?
How to Restore iPhone/iPad with iTunes
Step 1. Connect device to the computer in which there are iTunes backups > Launch iTunes > Click Summary on your left > Click Restore Backup.
How to Restore iPhone/iPad with iTunes - Step 1
Step 2. Choose a backup you want to restore from.
How to Restore iPhone/iPad with iTunes - Step 2
1. To restore iPhone/iPad with iTunes, please make sure that the destination device is newer than the backup device, because iTunes doesn't support backup to an older device than backup device.
2. Before restoring, please turn off Find My iPhone.
3. If you encounter iTunes backup corrupt or incompatible, please refer to Fix: iTunes Backup Corrupt or Incompatible Backup >
Bonus Tip: Selectively Extract Data from iTunes Backup without Restoring iPhone/iPad
Using iTunes to restore iPhone/iPad from iTunes backup is indeed simple and convenient, however, as we all know, after restoring iPhone/iPad with iTunes, iTunes would replace all data on your iDevice with the data on your iTunes backup. If you just want to extract some data from iTunes backup, an iTunes backup extractor is a better choice.
PhoneRescue – iOS data recovery, with its great functions, could help you extract data from iTunes backups with the following top features:
1. Supports extracting 20 types of iOS contents from iTunes backup, like Photos, Videos, Messages, Contacts, Notes, etc.
2. Selectively extracts what you like from iTunes backup instead of restoring the whole backup files to your iPhone/iPad and won't lose any existing file on your iDevice.
3. Even supports getting some iOS files like Messages, Notes, etc directly back to your iPhone/iPad's Message or Note App for instant use.
Overview of iTunes Backup Extractor
For detailed steps of selectively extracting iTunes backup , please refer to: How to Extract Data from iTunes Backup >
The Bottom Line
Above are how to backup iPhone/iPad to iTunes and restore iPhone/iPad from iTunes. If you have any questions about this article, please don't hesitate to leave comments below. By the way, don't forget to try PhoneRescue - iOS data recovery!
What's Hot on iMobie
More Related Articles You May Like
- How to Backup Photos from iPhone to Mac in 2 Ways - Step-by-step tutorial teaches you to back up photos from iPhone to Mac. Read more >>
- How to Backup Contacts on iPhone - Want to selectively backup contacts on iPhone? Read more >>
- How to Backup iPhone on iTunes in 3 Ways - Read this post to learn 3 ways to backup iPhone to iTunes. Read more >>
- How to Backup Text Messages on iPhone - Don't know how to selectively backup text messages on iPhone? Read more >>