Many people have experienced the issue that they were unable to send messages from Android phones. If you are one of those people and getting an error saying can’t send text messages on Android phone, then in this article, we are providing you the solutions that would fix this problem.
Text messages are one of the oldest forms of communication. As a social media platform took over the generations, the use of text messages has been reduced significantly. But that does not mean that the messages aren’t used anymore. It is still a secure and reliable method for verification and communication between peers.
Even though the messaging features can work very well even without the network connection, but sometimes it happens that the messaging feature doesn’t work properly. So, to fix the issue that “message failed to send on Android phone”, you can try the methods listed below in the article.
There are several methods that the users can try to resolve their problem regarding the problem that text messages not sending on the Android phone. The effective methods are listed below:
Soft reset, which means simply restart your phone, is often used by users to fix Android issues. You can turn off your phone for a while and then switch it on to try if it works. Of course, you can also simply click on Reboot. The maximum chances that your problem will be fixed by taking this way.
Clearing the Cache memory is like the most common fix to some problems. So, this method is often recommended by many technicians. You can follow the steps below to clear cache:
1. In the Settings menu, choose the Application and then open the Application Manager.
2. Swipe the menu to get the list of the apps and search for the Message app.
3. When you will open the App info, you will see the Clear Data and Clear Cache option. You can clear both the Data and Cache and then restart your device and see if the problem is fixed or not.
To force stop the app, you can follow the steps as:
1. Go to the Settings Menu and open the Application.
2. In the Application Manager, swipe down to see all the applications. Now, look for the Messaging app in the list and click on it when you find it.
3. When you open the app info, you will see an option which says Force Stop. Tap on it and then restart your device.
If all the above methods fail, then the last option to fix the issue is to reset your Android phone to the Default settings. The factory reset will restore your phone to an initial set up state. You can further perform the required steps. Remember to create a backup of all your data files before you proceed to the steps. To reset your Android device, you have to follow the steps as:
1. Open the Settings in your Phone and look for the Backup and Reset option.
2. In the Backup and reset setting, at the bottom, you will see an option which says “Factory Data Reset”. Tap on that icon and reset your phone.
Although every piece of data will be erased from your phone you will be able to send messages from your Android phone again.
Once you give these above methods a try, you won’t cry that my phone won’t send text messages. These are the most effective solutions to fix your issue. If you still facing some problem, then it is time that you contact your service provider and they will help you to fix the problem.
Product-related questions? Contact Our Support Team to Get Quick Solution >
Recover deleted Android data and files with the highest success rate, and directly back to your Android phone or tablet.