How to Recover Deleted iMessages on iPhone iPad in iOS 9/9.3.5 or iOS 10
If your imessages disappeared after updating to iOS 9 or iOS 10, just read this post to know how to recover deleted iMessages on iPhone/iPad/iPod touch without restoring the whole device.
Download PhoneRescue to computer and follow this tutorial to get back deleted iMessages on iPhone iPad. Supports iOS 9/10/8/7/6/5.
By the nature an iPhone is always in danger of getting damaged, lost or stolen. How about your important iOS data? To help you recover your lost or mistakenly deleted photos, messages and other data on your iPhone, we collected 5 top best iPhone Data Recovery Software and evaluate them carefully to provide valuable references for you.
After upgrading to iOS 9.3.5 or the upcoming iOS 10, you may accidentally lose some important iMessages texts or Messages attached images on iPhone iPad or iPod touch. In this case, what can you do to get back them?
You May Like: iOS 10 Upgrade Problems You May Meet
The common way people use to get back iPhone data are using iTunes and iCloud - You can restore iPhone/iPad from the latest iTunes/iCloud backup. However, this method is useless if you have no backup. And it is not suitable for retrieving specific items on iPhone/iPad, because iOS device will be erased after restoring - the data on your device will be completely replaced by the backup. So if you want to recover only iMessages and iMessages attachments and don't want your device to be erased, you'd better choose another suitable method.
Related Guide: How to Retrieve Deleted SMS on iPhone
Tool to Recover Deleted iMessages without Restoring iPhone iPad
PhoneRescue is one data recovery tool applying for iOS and Android; you can use PhoneRescue - iOS data recovery to directly recover data from Apple mobile device in iOS 9/8/7/6 and even iOS 10, and to extract files to computer from iTunes backup and iCloud backup. It supports recovering 20+ iOS files types, and can be installed on both Mac and PC.
Therefore, after downloading PhoneRescue (choose Download for iOS) and installing it on your computer, you can easily retrieve your deleted iMessages and iMessages pictures/voice from iPhone iPad without backup, or extract your lost message from backup to your device, whether the device is an iPhone 6/6s or iPad Air/Mini. Check PhoneRescue Supported Devices >>
How to Recover Deleted iMessages from iPhone/iPad with PhoneRescue
The process of retrieving deleted iMessages content is very easy. And you can follow the simple steps below to get back your lost messages on your iPhone directly.
Requirements: your iPhone or iPad, one USB cable, computer, PhoneRescue.
Step 1. Run PhoneRescue on computer > Connect device to computer by using USB cable.
Step 2. Select one suitable mode from the four to get back lost iMessages and click "Next" button.
How to Recover Deleted iMessages from iPhone/iPad/iPod touch – Step 2
Step 3. Select the items you want to get back, and click "Recover" buttons on the bottom-right corner to retrieve them to your computer or directly to iPhone/iPad.
How to Recover Deleted iMessages from iPhone/iPad/iPod touch – Step 3
By clicking "Output Settings" near the "Recover" button, you can set the iMessages output format to be html or txt.
The Bottom Line
You cannot recover deleted iMessages directly from iPhone if the deleted ones were overwritten by some new data. And you can't retrieve lost iMessages from backup if you didn't backup your iMessages to iCloud/iTunes. For avoiding data loss on iPhone, you are suggested to backup iPhone before updating to iOS 10, restoring device or selling your old iPhone.
What's Hot on iMobie
More Related Articles You May Like
- How to Recover Deleted iMessages on iPad – Read this post to learn how to recover deleted iMessages on iPad easily. Read More >>
- How to Transfer iMessages from iPad to iPhone – This tutorial tells you how to transfer iMessages from your iPad to iPhone. Read More >>
- How to Permanently Delete iMessages – This article offers 4 ways to delete iMessages from spotlight serach on iPhone/iPad. Read More >>
- How to Transfer iMessages to New iPhone – Just upgrade to an iPhone 6 and want to transfer iMessages to new iPhone? Read More >>
- How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone – Want a way to transfer from the old iPhone contacts to the new? Check this guide to learn more. Read More >>
- How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac – Learn how to offload your Camera Roll photos from iPhone to your Mac in few clicks. Read More >>
- What Is the Best iPhone File Transfer – Need an all-in-one iPhone File Transfer software to keep everything organized? Here is the answer. Read More >>