Sometimes, when you want to import your photos and videos to PC but your iPhone not showing up on computer as it used to be. This guide collects some quick fixes to “iPhone not showing up on computer”.
Question: “I’ve connected my iPhone to my laptop and laptop automatically stated to install device driver software. But iPhone not appearing in “My Computer”, but my iTunes is working fine.”
We often connect our iPhone to it to import photos and videos in camera roll, but it happens sometimes your iPhone not appearing as a portable device on your PC or Mac. This problem usually takes place on Windows 7/8/10/Vista/XP computer, and happens occasionally on Mac, but the possibility is very small. You may wonder why is my iPhone not showing up in my computer? And how to fix this problem of “iPhone not showing up in computer”? Next, we will analyze the reasons for this problem and show you some potential solutions to solve this problem.
Also Read: How to Fix iPhoto Not Recognizing iPhone >
iPhone not showing up on computer may due to many reasons like:
1. USB cable not working or even broken within but you don’t aware it. This may be the most common reason for iPhone not showing up on you computer.
2. For Windows computer, Windows explorer can only allow users to transfer photos and videos in Camera Roll to computer; therefore, if your camera roll is empty, your iPhone will not showing up in windows explorer.
3. The USB port of your computer not working probably may be one of the common reasons. So, you can change a USB port to have a try.
4. Sometimes, other unknown reasons of iPhone or computer also may leads to “iPhone not appearing on computer” problem.
If there is no updating option for you, or no such driver at all, you can try Driver Easy to help you with it. Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to be troubled by the wrong driver you would be downloading, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 steps (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to the flagged xxx driver to automatically download the correct version of that driver (you can do this with the FREE version), then manually install it. Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system. (This requires the Pro version which comes with full support and a 30-day money back guarantee. You’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All.)
4) Restart your computer to take effect.
When connecting iPhone to computer, you may want to import pictures and videos from your iPhone to computer, or manage other iOS content with iTunes, right? However, you can only transfer photos and videos in Camera Roll to computer, and as you see, sometimes you may encounter such annoying problem of iPhone even not appearing in your computer.
Therefore, here we recommend a better iOS file transfer and management tool named AnyTrans for iOS, which enables you to transfer iPhone photos from Camera Roll to computer easily, but also supports transferring limitless photos from Photo Stream, Albums, Photo Sharing, Photo Library to computer with original resolution. What’s more, it can help you manage & transfer other kinds of iOS content in an easy way. Download AnyTrans to Take a Tour >
It is a better and easier solution to fix “iPhone not showing up in my computer” issue. Here shows the simple steps of transferring pictures from iPhone to computer with AnyTrans.
Step 1. Install and launch AnyTrans on your computer, and connect your iPhone > Click the button in the middle of the top bar > Choose Device Manager > Go to category page as the screenshot shows to you.
You can use the shortcut button to transfer data from iPhone to computer, to iTunes, to another iDevice in one click. In addition, you can selectively transfer part of data to computer as need.
Step 2. Select Photos > Select the album with photos you want to transfer to PC, like Camera Roll, Photo Stream, Photo Library, etc.
Step 3. Then view your iPhone photos, select and export pictures to computer by clicking Send to Mac/PC button on the upper right corner.
2. This method also suitable for fixing problem of “iPad not showing up on computer”.
If you have any better solutions to fix the iPhone not showing up on computer issue, please leave a comment below. By the way, give a try on AnyTrans to transfer photos from iPhone to computer. Besides photos, AnyTrans supports transferring other kinds of iOS data like movies, ringtones, notes, contacts and so on. Whatever you want to transfer, it can do it for you.
Product-related questions? Contact Our Support Team to Get Quick Solution >
The best tool to transfer, backup and manage your iPhone iPad content, even iTunes, iCloud backup files. As easy as ABC!