How to Restore WhatsApp Messages from iCloud
If you have deleted your WhatsApp messages by accident, you may want to selectively recover WhatsApp messages from iCloud backup. How to make it? Don’t worry, this guide will show you how to selectively recover WhatsApp messages from iCloud backup.
How to Restore WhatsApp Messages from iCloud
WhatsApp is a cross-platform instant messaging app, which allows users to chat with friends, family, and workmates anytime and anywhere. We can send messages, photos, and audio, share location, contacts, and all of these functions listed above bring us much enjoyment to communicate with others.
However, it is not rare to occur that some important conversations with our friends or workmates are deleted by mistake. If you have created backups of WhatsApp messages on iCloud, you can retrieve these WhatsApp messages from your iCloud backup.
Normally, it is not hard to restore WhatsApp messages from iCloud, however, restoring WhatsApp backup from iCloud might erase all existing data on your iDevice, which is majority people don’t want. To prevent data loss of any kind, besides showing you the normal way to restore WhatsApp messages from iCloud in part 1, we will also show you a way that is easier and safer to restore WhatsApp messages from iCloud in part 2. Please keep reading and get to know more.
Part 1. The Regular Way to Restore WhatsApp Messages from iCloud
- Go to WhatsApp Settings > Chat Setting > Chat Backup to verify that there is an iCloud backup for your WhatsApp chat history.
- Delete and reinstall your WhatsApp from the App Store.
- Verify your Phone number > Follow the Prompts to restore WhatsApp Chat history.
Note: The iPhone number for backup and restoration must be the same. If you restore WhatsApp messages in this way, you need to uninstall and reinstall your WhatsApp and then recover WhatsApp messages from iCloud backup. More than anything, you may only need small part messages from your iCloud backup instead of all of them. Part 2 will show you how to recover WhatsApp messages you need from iCloud and you don’t have to uninstall your WhatsApp.
Part 2. Restore WhatsApp Messages from iCloud (Easy and Safe)
To restore WhatsApp messages from iCloud, here is what you need.
– An iCloud backup with WhatsApp messages,
– A computer (PC/Mac),
PhoneRescue is developed by iMobie team to serve both Android and iOS users to recover lost data and PhoneRescue for iOS is what you can use to restore WhatsApp messages from iCloud. Below, we listed several reasons why you will need PhoneRescue for iOS to restore WhatsApp backup from iCloud.
- You will lose no data while restoring WhatsApp messages from iCloud. PhoneRescue for iOS will download contents from iCloud backup to your computer and then save them in printable and viewable format.
- You can selectively restore WhatsApp messages from iCloud. PhoneRescue for iOS can lend you favor to view contents in iCloud backup and selectively download them to a computer.
- PhoneRescue for iOS also supports other types of data, like photos, videos. You can even download personal data like contacts, messages from iCloud backup to iDevice directly.
- PhoneRescue for iOS is certainly 100% safe. PhoneRescue for iOS is developed by an Apple certificated developer and it is now also Norton and McAfee secured. You have our guarantee that accidents like data loss or information leakage would never occur.
Now, let’s have a look on how to retrieve WhatsApp messages from iCloud with PhoneRescue for iOS.
Step 1. Download PhoneRescue for iOS to your computer (both PC/Mac will do) and launch it. Click on Recover from iCloud and the Right Arrow button on the down right corner.
Step 2. Log in your iCloud account and select iCloud backup. You can also use PhoneRescue for iOS to download data synced to iCloud.
Step 3. Select one iCloud backup with your WhatsApp messages. Click Download and then check the box of WhatsApp, uncheck other boxes and click OK.
Step 4. PhoneRescue for iOS would display you WhatsApp messages in iCloud backup. Select the conversation you want to recover, click the To Computer tab.
The Bottom Line
Besides WhatsApp messages, you can use PhoneRescue for iOS to recover the lost files like photos, videos, notes, reminder, call history and so on from iDevices, iTunes or iCloud backup. For any question you have, please contact our support team via Email. If this guide is helpful, please share it with your family and friends. Why not download it now?