The Most Common iOS 8/8.2/8.3/8.4 Upgrade
Problems and Solutions
[Last Updated: Sep. 13, 2016]
Apple has released the latest iOS operating system – iOS 10.1, which includes the new Portrait Mode for the iPhone 7 Plus, and some bug fixes to lose 3G or 4G cellular connectivity after iOS 10 upgrade. Now upgrade to iOS 10.1 and check the most common iOS 10/10.1 problems to make a smooth upgrade.
It's been almost two years since the first release of iOS 8, and Apple launches a Big Update annually – iOS 9 last year and the upcoming iOS 10 release. Just like you thought, every new iOS update brings new issues, and there will be no exception with the latest iOS 10. According to Mixpanel, there are still 4.16% users adopt iOS 8 and 1.2% still iOS 7. If you are holding a relatively old iPhone 4/4s or iPad 2/iPad 3, and you are keeping iOS 8/8.2/8.3/8.4 on your device, you won't want to miss this post.
Based on the problems that iOS 8 users have reported, like Touch ID issues, battery problems, Wi-Fi connectivity problems, Bluetooth problems, App issues, etc. Therefore, we update our post to offer you solutions to iOS 8 problems you may meet. Now check these common iOS 8 problems and solutions and fix them by following this iMobie Guide.
The new generation of iPhone – iPhone 7/7 Plus is getting out this September with iOS 10 preinstalled. If you want to get a new iPhone 7 to replace the current old iPhone, don't forget to transfer everything to your new iPhone 7. If you are upgrading from an Android phone, you can check this Android to iPhone 7 Data Transferring Guide.
Question 1. Don't Have Enough Free Space to Upgrade iOS 8/iOS 8.2/iOS 8.3
Common iOS 8 Problems – Haven't Enough Storage for Upgrading
"The iOS 8 update requires near 5 GB storage depending on your device model. How to fix this?" To check how much storage you need, go to Settings > General > Software Update. (You might be prompted to update to 7.1.2 instead of iOS 8—update that first, then it'll prompt you for iOS 8.)
If you have a 16 GB phone, 5 GB means a massive chunk of your photos, videos, music and apps. Therefore, in order to install iOS 8, most people have to delete their apps, photos, music and more to make room for the software upgrade.
You Also Can't Miss:
Actually, when your device has no available storage, you probably won't need to delete anything to do it. Here're some detailed solutions to solve the problems for more free space.
Solutions (suit for iOS 8 and iOS 8.2 storage problems):
1) Delete Data to Make More Space on Your Devices
If you'd like to upgrade to iOS 8 on your iDevices, here, we provide you 4 more practical solutions about deleting data.
However, in case of any data loss due to iOS 8 update, before deleting, you'd better backup your iPhone to computer first.
a. Delete Photos and Videos
Photos and videos are usually two items that take too much space. Don't trust iCloud to have all of your photos backed up. To safeguard your photos, the safest method is to transfer photos to computer first, then delete photos from your iPhone.
b. Delete Apps and Games
Focus on those apps and games that occupy too much space, or that you don't use that much, even ones that can be easily replaced once the iOS 8 update is finished. Avoid deleting apps that may contain your personal data or projects.
Notes: Before deleting them, you'd better transfer apps & games with process and data first.
c. Delete Junk/Temporary Files, Log Files, Cache and Cookies
Still haven't enough free storage after deleting photos, videos, apps, or games? Or you're unwilling to delete them. You may ask, is there any other solution to the iOS 8 upgrade storage issues/problems?
There's a ton of junk files that mostly are not needed but is still using up a lot of space on your devices, and they can't be cleared manually. PhoneClean, a professional iOS cleaning tool, can help to delete all that junk for you, no matter useless and unnecessary temporary files, log files, browsing/app cache, cookies, bad/empty/corrupt files and other unwanted files on your devices, helping you to reclaim up 40% - 60% storage space, a big deal to the 8GB/16GB devices.
d. Delete All Text Messages Even in iMessage App
Related Articles You'll Need:
Once you've cleared out the required storage, go back to Settings > General > Software Update and click update, and then wait for the iOS 8 to load.
2) Install iOS 8 via iTunes on Computer
To get you around some of the size requirement, you can install iOS 8 via iTunes on computer, instead of updating on your device directly. Upgrading on iOS device means the installation package will be downloaded to your device. While upgrading on iTunes, download and install process will be finished on your computer.
Related Reading: How to Install iOS 8 on iTunes >
Question 2. Get Stuck during iOS 8/iOS 8.2/iOS 8.3 Download and Installation
Many users complained that the update gets stuck when downloading and installing the iOS 8, and fail to upgrade. This is a common iOS 8 issue, with the following tips, both of basic users and advanced users can solve this problem easily.
1) Do nothing, just be patient! Usually, the iOS 8 update process takes a while to complete.
2) Hold down the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for ten seconds to reboot your device. After the device reboot, go to Settings > General > About to check the update's juice flowing again. If it isn't, restart the process of iOS 8.2 update again.
Question 3. Data Loss After Updating to iOS8/iOS 8.2/iOS 8.3
According to a survey of previous iOS 7 update, there are more than 20,000 people lose their device data when upgrading to iOS 7 due to the following reasons:
1) For enough updating space, many users choose to delete their device data, such as, photos, videos, messages, contacts etc.
2) A failed update. Problems appeared in the process of upgrading, resulting in loss of iOS data.
3) Go to recovery mode. All the data on the device is erased, and the device goes to the Recovery Mode.
If you are unlucky to get stuck in the same situation when upgrading to iOS 8 or iOS 8.2, here some solutions helps you recover lost data and files easily and quickly:
1) If you have backed up your device via iTunes or iCloud, you can simply restore it from iTunes or iCloud. Detailed step-by-step instruction, please refer to this guide: How to Restore Your iPhone/iPad with iTunes or iCloud Backup >
Note: As every Apple users knows clearly that neither iTunes or iCloud supports selectively data restore, and restoring your device from iTunes or iCloud will cause the erase of existed contents on your device.
2) If there is no available backup, or you just want to selectively recover specific data instead of all the contents in the iTunes or iCloud backup, an iOS data recovery tool is the way to go. PhoneRescue is made for recovering your lost-but-valuable iOS data on your device directly without any iTunes or iCloud backup. It supports recovering more than 24 types of iOS data and files, including, photos, videos, messages, notes, calendar, reminders, contacts, etc. All of these, are far more than iTunes or iCloud could.
Question 4. Stuck on Apple Logo
The Problems with iOS 8 – Stuck on Apple Logo
One of the most severe problems affecting users is that iOS 8/iOS 8.2 update stuck on Apple logo during start up. After turning the iPhone on, you'll simply see a blank screen or the Apple logo, but nothing else happens.
Step 1. Turn your device off by holding down the Sleep button.
Step 2. Connect your iPhone to your computer and start iTunes.
Step 3. Hold down both the Sleep and Home button for about 10 seconds.
Step 4. Release the Sleep button and keep holding the Home button until a message appears in iTunes.
Step 5. Select your device, and click Restore option under Summary.
After trying the methods above, if you still fail to fix this problem, please try to fix it by following this guide: How to Fix: iPhone iPad Stuck on Apple Logo After iOS Update >
Question 5. Requiring More iCloud Storage to Backup
After updating to iOS 8/iOS 8.2, many users found that they need much more iCloud storage space to backup their iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. For example, an iOS user named Docd said that he just needed 23.6 GB to back up his iPhone and iPad, while he needs additional 17 GB to backup after iOS 8 update. If you are struck in the same situation and you are hesitate whether should you upgrade your iCloud storage plan. Here are some tips to help you manage your iCloud space better without upgrading iCloud storage plan:
1) Delete old and unwanted backups
On your iDevices, go to Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup > Manage Storage > Delete old or unwanted backups.
2) Turn off unnecessary backup option
Tap on your iDevcies: Settings > iCloud > Select the unnecessary backup options to turn off. Before turning off unnecessary backup option, you should read firstly: What Does iCloud Backup >
3) Back up contents to computer instead of iCloud
You know Apple only offers every user free 5GB iCloud storage, this means you have to purchase extra storage space if you want to back up a lot of iOS contents to iCloud, especially when you have a lot of photos and videos on iDevice, or you are using same Apple ID on different iOS devices. Do you want to pay for the expensive iCloud storage space? If you don't, why not choose backup iOS contents to computer?
You can get many ways to backup photos and videos to computer, while the only way to get personal data like Contacts, Messages, Notes and Calendar to computer for backup is using iMobie AnyTrans, which supports transferring more than 20 types of iOS contents among computer, iTunes library and other iDevices. More than anything, AnyTrans also supports backing up Music, Movies and Apps that are not supported by iCloud from iPhone/iPad to computer. Here we list some posts help you back up important iOS contents to computer:
Question 6. Frozen, Slow Touchscreen or Keyboard
Common iOS 8 Issues – Frozen/Slow Touchscreen
General solution is to perform a soft reset by holding down the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button until the device restarts and you see the Apple logo. Or double tap the Home button and make sure you swipe to close anything you don't need running. Here're some specific solutions:
> Frozen or Unresponsive Screen: If your phone has completely locked up, press and hold the power button and Home key at the same time until you see the Apple logo. This will reboot your device.
> Slow Touchscreen: Devices typically begin to slow down as their internal storage fills up. If you have a lot of unused apps or old photos, move them to the computer for backup and then delete them.
Moreover, you'd better disable the parallax wallpaper. On the iPhone 4 and 4s, go to Setting > General > Accessibility > Turn on the Reduce Motion option. Newer iPad models, along with iPhone 5, 5s, 5c, go to the Wallpaper & Brightness settings > Tap the lock screen wallpaper > Toggle Perspective Zoom to off.
> Slow Keyboard: iOS 8 brings the biggest changes to the keyboard, making it predictive in its text selections and choosing autocorrect substitutions. And also for the first time, adds support for full keyboard customization, including installing 3rd-party keyboards like Swype. Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset Keyboard Dictionary.
Question 7. Apps Crash or Won't Load
Most Common iOS8 problems – Apps Crash
1) Double tap the Home button and swipe up on any app that has been crashing or failing to load. Now try loading it again.
2) It's always worth trying a restart. Hold down the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button until you see the Apple logo.
3) Your apps should automatically update, but you can check in Settings > iTunes & App Store to turn on Updates under Automatic Downloads. If you prefer to do it manually then make sure that any app that's crashing is fully up to date.
4) Try uninstalling any problem app and then reinstalling it. Backup to iTunes first if you're worried about losing saved data in the app.
5) Try a factory reset by going to Settings > General > Reset and choosing Erase All Content and Settings. You'll want to make sure you backup first, but bear in mind that you might reintroduce the problem if you restore your backup.
After trying above solutions, if you still can't open your apps, it's likely to be related to apps compatibility. While most apps should work with new iOS 8/iOS 8.2, there're certainly apps that won't work anymore once iOS 8 is installed. Or you can check this guide to find more solutions to fix it.
Question 8. Can't Send and Receive Text Messages
Common Problems with iOS 8 – Can't Send/Receive Text Messages
iOS 8 adds further functionality to the existing SMS app by including a range of features, such as add/removing individual users to the group, assigning titles to threads to keep the conversations grouped accordingly, and the ability to send pictures, video and voice messages directly from the Messages app without having to switch back and forth between applications.
Related Reading: How to Recover Lost Text Messages on iPhone After iOS 8 Update >
If you can't send or receive SMS, iMessage text messages after upgrading to iOS 8/iOS 8.2, you can follow these steps below.
Step 1. Open up the Settings app, select Messages, and tap the slider to turn, Send as SMS, iMessage off.
Step 2. Under the settings menu, go to General > Reset and tap Reset Network Settings, send text messages again.
Step 3. Go back to Settings > Messages and turn Send as SMS, iMessage back on.
After performing the methods above, if your iPhone iPad still is stuck on some message problems, like iMessage not delivered, can't activate iMessage, Messages App keeps crashing, etc., please find more solutions by visiting this page: How to Fix iPhone iPad Messages/iMessages Problems >
Question 9. iPhone Won't Turn on After iOS 8/iOS 8.2 Update
1) Hold the sleep and home button simultaneously for about 10 seconds until the Apple logo appear.
2) If that doesn't work, try a factory reset.
3) If you still fail to wake up your iPhone or iPad, you can get more solutions from this guide: How to Fix iPhone iPad Won't Turn on After iOS Upgrade >
Question 10. Charger or Cable Won't Work
iOS 8 Issues You'll Meet – Charges or Cable Won't work
1) Make sure that you're using an Apple cable and chargers.
2) Clean the lightning connector, also check the charging port of your iPhone to make sure there's nothing stuck inside it.
3) Try a different cable.
4) Plug your iPhone into a wall outlet for approximately 20 minutes then try a reset by pressing and holding the home and power buttons at the same time until the white Apple logo appears.
After trying the solutions above, if you still are stuck on some iPhone iPad charging problem, please read the following tutorials to find more possible fixes:
Question 11. An Error Occurred While Downloading iOS 8/iOS 8.2/iOS 8.3
iOS 8 Problem – Downloading Error
If you get the message 'an error occurred', it's not that a big problem. Try to update again. You should know that now thousands of iPhone, iPad and iPod touch users around the world are trying to update to iOS 8. Or you can check this guide to get more solutions.
Question 12. iOS 8/iOS 8.2/iOS 8.3 Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Connectivity Problems
iOS 8 Upgrade Problem – Wi-Fi/Bluetooth/Cellular Networking Not Working
When the iOS 8 just released, many users had reported the iOS 8 Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity problems, and a post about Wi-Fi problem on Apple's discussion forums has gained 665,763 views and 2,042 replies since Sep.20th, 2014. So it is very clear that Wi-Fi issues are one of the most common iOS 8 problem for iPhone iPad users, and the iOS 8.2 still have the same issues.
Solutions to Wi-Fi Problems: Reset the device's network settings by forming the following steps on your iPhone/iPad: Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Then you will need the passcode and a few of minutes to reboot your device. And Wi-Fi passwords are also needed, because it will be erased during this the process.
After trying the method above, if your iPhone iPad is still stuck on some Wi-Fi problems, like Wi-Fi keeps dropping, Wi-Fi gray out, can't connect to Wi-Fi, etc. Please fix them by following this guide: Quick Fix to iPhone iPad Wi-Fi Problems >
Solution to Bluetooth Problems: Reset All settings on your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch， go to Settings >General> Reset > Reset All Settings. Once choose to Perform Reset All Settings on your device, you will lose all the saved settings (but you may fix iOS 8 Bluetooth problems, this worked for some users).
You May Like:
Question 13. Stuck on "Connect to iTunes" Logo/ Recovery Mode
Most Common Problem with iOS 8 – Stuck on iTunes Logo
Step 1. To perform a hard reset, press and hold your Sleep button (located on top of device) and Home Menu button (located on bottom middle of device) for approximately 10 seconds.
Step 2. Once your screen goes black, release both keys. (If you see a white Apple logo before you release the keys you have held the keys to long and will need to start the reset process once again).
Step 3. The next screens you should see after the black screen, is the Apple logo screen followed by the main screen.
Step 4: Find more solutions by visiting this guide.
Question 14. Long Download Time of iOS 8
Most Common iOS 8 Problems – Long Time Spend on downloading iOS 8 Package
1) Connect to a fast Wi-Fi connection. On a fast WiFi connection, the iOS 8 download time is three hours on the iPad mini and six hours on the iPad 3.
2) Use the iOS 8 direct download links from Apple to get the right version of iOS for your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, and complete the installation using iTunes in 10 ot 15 minutes.
Step 1. Download the iOS 8 official release .ipsw.
Step 2. Plug your iPhone or iPad into a computer and open iTunes.
Step 3. Perform a backup just to be safe.
Step 4. In iTunes click on the iPhone option in the upper right. If you see the Restore and Upgrade options you are on the right screen.
Step 5. Special Click on Check for Update. A special click involves holding a key while you left click.
- Hold alt/option on Mac when you click Check for Update.
- On Windows, hold Shift when you click Check for Update.
Step 6. Find the iOS 8 download and click on the .ipsw file.
Step 7. Let the iOS 8 update complete. This can take 15 minutes or longer depending on how long it takes to verify the update with Apple's servers.
Question 15. Slow iPhone on iOS 8/iOS 8.2/iOS 8.3
1) Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings > If prompted, enter your passcode and confirm. Then wait a few minutes for iPhone to restart with settings back to factory specifications. (This does not delete your apps or data.)
2) Back up your device(This wipes all of your data)> Go to Setting > General > Reset > Reset All Settings and Content > Enter a Passcode and follow prompts. After a short period, you can restore or set up as a new iPhone. This process takes a little bit longer so don't do it unless you have an hour or so to reset and get back up and running.
Want to speed up your devices after upgrading to iOS 8/iOS 8.2? You can't miss this post, How to Speed Up iPhone/iPad/iPod touch After iOS 8 Update.
Question 16. iOS 8/iOS 8.2/iOS 8.3 Drains the Battery Too Fast
Many users are complaining that the iOS 8/iOS 8.2 darins the battery too fast, if you are stuck in the same problem, you can check the iMobie Tips for extending the battery of iPhone iPad that is running with iOS 8/iOS 8.2.
iOS 8 Upgrade Issues – iOS 8 Battery Problems
1) Find the Power Hungry Apps.
Go to Settings > Usage > Battery Usage, and you will see a list of apps consuming battery on your devices in the last 24 hours and last 7 days.
2) Turn off Cellular Data
Internet on your phone is a must, but it's also a big power drain. For those of you using 3G and 4G data services, it is worth noting that they drain large amounts of battery on your phone. So when you are not using your data, it's best to turn it off by going to Settings > Mobile and pressing the Mobile Data switch.
3) Soft Reset After Update
So you've just got the brand spanking new version of iOS on your phone. Simply restarting it can help sort out quite a few issues with the software on an iPhone, but it can also help with fix some battery life problems. To conduct a soft reset, you can press the power and home button at the same time until the iPhone turns off.
4) Background App Refresh
If you are looking at completely stopping background app refreshes for huge savings on battery life, then Go to Settings > General > Background App Refresh and toggle the on/off switch. You can also turn Background Refresh off for all apps or just manage each individual app's settings.
5) Turn Down Screen Brightness
The screen is one of the biggest areas of battery usage on any smart phone. The brighter the screen, the more power it uses. Turn down the brightness to a more reasonable level by flicking up from the bottom of the screen to access the quick function toggles.
You should also make sure auto-lock is set to one minute by going to Settings > General > Auto-Lock so when not in use the screen will automatically turn off after a minute.
6) Turn Off Bluetooth and Airdrop
If you're not using Bluetooth to stream music, or share content with other Apple users, then turn it off.
More tips to save battery life on iPhone iPad, you can refer to: How to Extend iPhone iPad's Battery Life >
Question 17. How to Turn QuickType Text on and off
1) The one is two swipe up or down from the top edge of the keyboard.
2) The other is to press and hold on the 'Emoji' icon in the bottom left, which brings up a simple toggle.
Question 18. How to Add Third-party Keyboard After iOS 8 Update
Third-party Keyboard is one of the most important new features of iOS 8. Go to Settings > General > Keyboard > Keyboards and then select 'Add New Keyboard...' If you want to try multiple keyboards, you can switch between them by pressing the globe icon on each keyboard.
Question 19. How to Send Voice Messages from Messages App After iOS 8 Update
Messages in iOS 8 has lots of new features, including the ability to send voice messages using iMessage. Simply tap and hold the microphone icon to the right of message box > Record your message and then let go to stop > Select the 'X' icon to cancel and up arrow to send the voice message.
Question 20. How to Silence a Group Chat in Messages After iOS 8 Upgrade
In a group chat that is driving you mad? You can silence the group in iOS 8 by going to the group thread > Select 'Details' in the top right corner > Scroll down to the 'Do Not Disturb' toggle at the bottom.
Question 21. Can't Get Continuity Calling or Handoff Working in iOS 8
Continuity and Handoff are both new iOS 8 features that make for a more seamless experience than ever when it comes to using multiple devices.
Note: Continuity features are available on iPhone 5 or later, iPad (4th generation), iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad mini with Retina display, and iPod touch (5th generation). And ensured that you have upgraded your Mac to the latest Yosemite, because Continuity is only compatible with Yosemite rather than the older Mac operating system like Mavericks and Mountain Lion.
Image Credit: Apple.com
Step 1. Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad running iOS 8.
Step 2. Tap on General.
Step 3. Tap on Handoff & Suggested Apps.
Step 4. Turn the Handoff option Off and then back On again.
Step 5. Tap General at the top to return to the previous menu.
Step 6. Tap Settings at the top to return to the previous menu.
Step 7. Tap on FaceTime.
Step 8. Turn the iPhone Cellular Calls option Off and then back On again.
Step 9. Reboot your iPhone or iPad.
Step 10. Repeat this process with every device you'd like to use.
Step 11. Try placing a test call to see if the issue is resolved.
Question 22. Spotlight Suggestions Doesn't Work After iOS 8 Update
After installing iOS 8 on iPhone or iPad, some people found that the Spotlight Suggestion isn't work for them. Even if they have gone to Settings App and activated their iDevice, but it still doesn't work. Some poor spirit even experienced a crash when they try to enable Bing Web Results in Settings > General > Spotlight Search.
Note: The Spotlight Suggestions feature is only available in some country, such as, US, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Spain, Italy, etc. You can view the complete list with the screenshot from Apple Official Website bellow:
iOS 8 Problem – the List of Spotlight Suggestion Supported Countries
If your country is not listed in the picture above, it means you can't enjoy the Spotlight Suggestions. But some people have managed to get it working by switching Language and Region to a supported country with these steps: Settings > General > Language & Region. When switching your language and region, please ensure that your language and region match, and then restart your device after changing the settings.
Question 23. Sound not Working After Updating to iOS 8
Many users of iPad found that the Sound is not working after upgrading their device to the latest operation system, but thankfully there is an easy solution to this iOS 8 issue, and it works for most people.
1) Hold down the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button together for 10 seconds or until the device restart and you see the Apple Logo.
2) Go to Settings > General and check Use Side Switch to and ensure Mute isn't ticked or toggle the side switch. You also can check by wiping up and taking a look at the icon on the right in Control Center.
Most Common iOS 8 Problem – Sound Doesn't Work
Question 24. Can't Make Calls After iOS 8 Upgrade
Some people reports that they can't make calls after upgrading their old iPhone like iPhone 4s and iPhone 5 to the latest iOS 8. When they attempting to make a call, the connection continually drops or isn't established in the first place. Some of them even also can't send text messages, but they can receive incoming calls or messages. If you are stuck in the same situation, you can figure it out with the potential solutions below:
1. Double tap the Home button and close all background apps.
2. Try holding down the Sleep/Wake and Home button together until your iPhone restarts and you see the Apple Logo.
3. Make sure you haven't turned on Airplane mode, and check whether you are trying to call a blocked number with these steps: Settings > Phone > Blocked.
4. Turning off your iPhone, remove SIM card and then replaced it.
5. Reset networking settings with the steps: Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
6. Call your carrier to ensure that there's no problem with your area or service contract.
7. After trying the solutions above, if you still are stuck on this problem or can't receive call, you can visit this guide to find more solutions. Or you'd better go to the nearest Apple Store and ask for help from Apple Specialist.
Question 25. How to Make iPhone 4s Perform Better on iOS 8
Image Credit: Cellz.com
Many owners of old iPhones have been reported that their iPhones work slowly after upgrading to iOS 8, that's because the latest version of Apple operation system is designed for the newest devices. To boost the performance of your iPhone 4s running iOS 8, we list a few things you can try as followed:
1. Turning of Parallax on your device can help improve performance, absolutely, it will stops motion effects in the home screen and some other parts of the system. Turning it off with these steps: Settings > General > Accessibility > Reduce Motion > Turn Reduce Motion on.
2. Delete unwanted songs or photos from your iPhone 4s to get more available storage. Check how much available storage you have on your device with the following steps: Settings > General > Usage > Look at Available Storage. We strongly suggest that you'd better make sure you have more than 1 GB available storage on your device.
3. Turn off Transparency: Settings > General > Accessibility > Increase Contrast > Reduce Transparency > Enable it on.
4. Reset All Settings to refresh your iDevice: Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. Before reset your iPhone 4s, there an important thing you need to know, normally you won't lose any existing data during resetting device, but there is an iOS 8 bug says that it supposedly deletes your iCloud Drive data, so reset your iPhone's settings at your own risk.
5. Speed up your iPhone 4s with this iMobie Guide: How to Speed Up an Old iPhone >
You May Like:
Question 26: How to Fix iOS iOS 8/iOS 8.2/iOS 8.3 Cellular Data Problem
Many users also complain about iOS 8/iOS 8.2 cellular data issues. If you are one of them, check the following tips to fix it:
1) Restart your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
2) Switch Cellular data on and off on your device: Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data > Turn it off.
3) Try flipping Airplane Mode on and waiting for 30 seconds, and then turn it off.
If you still having cellular data problem after trying all the solutions listed above, you can check this tutorial to get more solutions. And if you still fail to fix it, and you'd better go to a retail location and ask your carrier for help.
Question 27: Touch ID not working in App Store
iOS 8.3 Problems - Touch ID not working in App Store
Many users complain about Touch ID issues in the App Store on Reddit, Twitter and Apple's support communities. The Touch ID prompt no longer appears when making a purchase in the Apple App Store. Instead, it asks users to sign in with Apple ID. This issue appears on the iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus as well as iPad Air 2 and iPhone 5s.
Note: You can still download apps by signing with your password, and the fingerprint sensor still works fine for unlocking your device or authenticating an Apple Pay transaction.
To fix iPhone iPad Touch ID issues after iOS update, you can visit this guide: Quick Fix to Touch ID Not Working on iPhone iPad >
Question 28: How to Use New iOS 8.3 Emoji
iOS 8.3 puts more attention on emoji improvements with a more racially diversified characters. The new emoji has expanded family options, and allows you to change the look of people. In other words, you have a more realistic sample of colors to represent the various races in the world. In addition, there are also some new flags as well as updated phone, computer, and watch emoji that now resemble the iPhone, iMac, and Apple Watch.
iOS 8.3 Problems – How to Access Emoji
To access the new emoji is a simple process, and here is how to make it.
1. Firstly, you need to update to iOS 8.3. You can do this by over the air or via iTunes.
2. Make sure that the emoji keyboard has been enabled. Launch Settings > General > Keyboard > Keyboards > Add New Keyboard if emoji isn't listed.
3. Go to your Message app, amd tap on the globe icon on your keyoboard to cycle through active keyboards. Then you should see the new emoji layout. Long pressing on an emoji will bring up alternative options.
Question 29. iPhone iPad Update Stuck or Frozen During/After iOS Update
When it comes to iOS update problems, maybe iPhone iPad update stuck or frozen is the most common one, and it was shown in several ways, like,
1) iPhone iPad stuck on when downloading and installing new iOS,
2) iPhone iPad Stuck on Apple Logo
3) iPhone iPad Stuck on iTunes Logo/Recovery Mode
4) iPhone iPad Stuck on Verifying Update Screen
5) iPhone iPad Stuck on Slide to Update Screen
If you are stuck on any situation above, please go on read to find solutions.
1) If your iPhone iPad is stuck or frozen when downloading or installing new iOS, please move to This Part to fix it.
2) If your iPhone iPad is stuck on Apple Logo, fix it by moving to this part >
3)If your iPhone iPad is stuck in iTunes Logo screen (we also call it Recovery Mode), at this moment, please click here to fix it.
4)If your iPhone iPad fail to verify the update and is stuck on Verifying Update screen, please try the following methods:
- Update your iPhone iPad to the latest iOS with iTunes instead of OTA (Over the Air).
- Hold on Home and Power button for 10 seconds to reboot your iPhone iPad.
- Try to put your iPhone iPad in Recovery Mode and restore it with iTunes backup:
Step 1: Plug your iPhone iPad to computer via USB cable, and iTunes will recognize it automatically.
Step 2: Then press and hold Home and Power button or seconds, and then release the power button but still keep pressing the home button until you see the Connect to iTunes screen.
Step 3: Restore your iPhone iPad with the screen prompts.
Then check if your iPhone iPad has already upgraded to the new iOS, if not, try to upgrade again.
If you still fail to fix this iPhone iPad stuck on Verifying Update screen, please try to fix it by following this guide: How to Fix iPhone iPad Stuck on Verifying Update Screen >
5) iPhone iPad is Stuck on Slide to Update Screen
Except facing with the iPhone iPad frozen problem mentioned above, during iOS update, you might also encounter this: iPhone iPad is stuck on Slide to Update. If you are stuck on this problem, try the following potential solutions:
- Try force reboot your iPhone iPad: Hold on Home and Power buttons for seconds until you see the Apple logo appears.
- Restore your iPhone to Factory Settings: Connect your iPhone iPad to computer with its USB cable > Hold on Home and Power buttons until you see Connect to iTunes screen shows > Click Restore iPhone in iTunes > After this, set up as a new iPhone/iPad to start fresh with factory settings.
After trying the methods above, if you still fail to fix this problem, please read this guide – How to Fix iPhone iPad Stuck on Slide to Upgrade Screen and fix it.
These solutions above are just some of possible solutions to the issue you might encounter when upgrading iOS 8. If all fails, you'd better to visit your nearest Apple Store to get the professional help from Apple Specialist. And if you find the problems you are looking for are not included in this post, please move to this guide to find more problems, like iPhone iPad won't charge after iOS update, Siri not working, etc.
If you are planning to buy yourself a fire-new iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus, some upgrade tips are quite needed, like how to perform initial setup to activate your iPhone 6, how to transfer/move data to your new iPhone from your PC or the relatively old iPhone, and someuseful tips & tricks to better maintain your new iPhone is quite essential. For more detailed info, please refer to How to Upgrade to iPhone 6/6 Plus >
More common iOS 8 problems or issues if you meet when or after upgrading to iOS 8.2, you can share them in the Comments Section below, and we'd like to reply to you and offer you help. If you meet some problem and also get a worked solution, don't forget to write them there so that it can help more people.