How to Fix iPod Won't Sync with iTunes
Read some tips to fix your iPod won't sync issue or get one iTunes alternative to sync iPod touch/Classic/Shuffle/Nano without iTunes.
Download AnyTrans to transfer songs, pictures, contacts, movies and other types of files to your iPod, supports iPod touch/Classic/Shuffle/Nano.
[Last Updated: Aug. 15, 2017]
Question: " My iPod won’t sync with iTunes anymore. Although I upgraded to the latest version of iTunes, I still can't fix iPod not syncing problem on my Windows 10 PC. Anyone can help me? Very annoying. It's a iPod touch 5 generation in iOS 9."
When syncing iPod with iTunes on your Mac or PC, you may unfortunately go into the situation just like the above question described "iPod won't sync". And if you searched on Google, you may have found this issue happened not only on iPod touch, but also on some other iPod, such as iPod Shuffle, Nano and Classic, and even an iPhone or iPad.
Don't Miss: How to Fix iTunes Error -54
Why Won’t My iPod Sync Normally
To fix iPod won't sync issue, you may search online for help. You’ll found this kind of iTunes sync problem can be caused by a variety of reasons, such as:
1. Bad Wi-Fi connection.
2. USB cable or USB port problem.
3. Computer authorization and iCloud music conflicts.
4. Versions of iTunes.
In this post, we give you some basic tips to fix iPod won't sync problems and offer one iTunes alternative for you to easily transfer data between iTunes and your iPod. Meanwhile, these tips also applying to fix iPod Shuffle/Classic/Nano won’t sync issue as well.
Tips to Fix iTunes Can't Sync iPod touch/Nano/Shuffle/Classic
We have posted one article for iPhone users to fix iTunes won't sync iPhone before, and we think some tips are also be helpful for you to solve this iPod sync issue.
- Check USB and Wi-Fi connection and reconnect your iPod to computer.
- Turn off iCloud Music Library (iTunes Match) on iPod touch and iTunes. For iPod touch: go to settings > Music; for iTunes: Edit > Preferences > General.
- Turn off "Show Apple Music" on iPod touch and iTunes. For iPod touch: go to settings > Music; for iTunes: Edit > Preferences > General.
- Restart your iPod, iTunes and computer.
- Re-Authorize iTunes on computer by going to iTunes > Store.
- Update iOS and iTunes to latest version.
- Run iTunes in Administrative mode in Windows.
- Uncheck "Read Only" and change permissions of the files you want to sync by right-clicking the files > Properties > Uncheck "Read Only".
- Fix your Windows computer registry errors by using some registry repair tool.
How to Sync Music from Computer to iPod without iTunes
Actually some iTunes alternatives can do the job to sync songs from iTunes to iPod when your iTunes won't work. And these tools can do better than iTunes, for example, AnyTrans can enable you transfer music from computer/iTunes to your iPod without erasing iPod existed songs, and it even help you copy specific songs from iPod touch back to iTunes/computer, which iTunes can't do. Below, we show you the simple 3 steps to use AnyTrans to make it.
Step 1. Download AnyTrans to Mac/PC, install and run it. Connect your iPod to computer via USB cable, waiting for AnyTrans recognizes your device and loads all data on your device.
Alternative to Fix iPod won’t Sync with iTunes - Step 1
You can click the button as we show to transfer music to iTunes or to computer at once. If you use a PC computer, you’ll see “Content to PC” instead of “Content to Mac” on this page.
Step 2. Scroll down to category page and click Audio > Select music to manage songs on your iPod.
Alternative to Fix iPod won’t Sync with iTunes - Step 2
Step 3. Select music and click the button as we show to transfer selected songs to computer, to iTunes or to another iOS device directly.
Alternative to Fix iPod won’t Sync with iTunes - Step 3
If you want to transfer music from iTunes to your iPod, you can click on iTunes Library button, select the songs you want to sync, and then click Send To Device button to make it with ease. Also, you can refer to this guide to see detailed steps: How to Transfer Music from iTunes to iPod >
Step 4. To transfer music from computer to iPod, you can click "+" button, browse and select the songs you want to sync, and click "Open" to sync them to your iPod.
Alternative to Fix iPod won’t Sync with iTunes - Step 4
As you can see, you can use AnyTrans to sync your iPod in an easier and more convenient way. Besides, it can help you manage kinds of your iPod data in a smart way, not only enables you to sync data in multi-direction, but also allows you to add, export and delete music from your iPod easily.
Also Read: How to Fix iPhone Won’t Sync to iTunes >
The Bottom Line
You may have some other methods to fix your iPod won't sync problem, or you haven't solved this iTunes sync issue after following all tips above. Whatever, you are welcomed to comment, share and discuss your idea on this post.
What's Hot on iMobie
More Related Articles You May Like
- How to Fix iTunes Sync Problem for iPhone iPad – This guide offers you some tips to fix iTunes can't sync iPhone iPad. Read More >>
- iPhone Songs Won't Sync with iTunes – There are two ways you can use to fix "songs won't sync from iTunes to iPhone". Read More >>
- How to Sync iPod with A New Computer – This tutorial shows you how to sync iPod with new computer without erasing. Read More >>
- How to Remove Synced Photos on iPhone/iPad/iPod – This guide tells you how to easily delete photos you synced to your iOS device. Read More >>
- Fix Not Enough Space Is Available on Computer – This guide tells you how to fix not enough space is available on computer. Read more >>