Question: ” My iPod won’t sync with iTunes anymore. Although I upgraded to the latest version of iTunes, I still can’t fix iPod not syncing problem on my Windows 10 PC. Anyone can help me? Very annoying. It’s a iPod touch 5 generation in iOS 9.”
When syncing iPod with iTunes on your Mac or PC, you may unfortunately go into the situation just like the above question described “iPod won’t sync”. And if you searched on Google, you may have found this issue happened not only on iPod touch, but also on some other iPod, such as iPod shuffle, nano and classic, and even an iPhone or iPad.
Why iPod Not Syncing Normally
To fix iPod won’t sync issue, you may search online for help. You’ll found this kind of iTunes sync problem can be caused by a variety of reasons, such as:
1. Bad Wi-Fi connection.
2. USB cable or USB port problem.
3. Computer authorization and iCloud music conflicts.
4. Versions of iTunes.
In this post, we give you some basic tips to fix iPod won’t sync problems and offer one iTunes alternative for you to easily transfer data between iTunes and your iPod. Meanwhile, these tips also applying to fix iPod shuffle/classic/nano won’t sync issue as well.
Tips to Fix iTunes Can’t Sync iPod touch/nano/shuffle/classic
We have posted one article for iPhone users to fix iTunes won’t sync iPhone before, and we think some tips are also be helpful for you to solve this iPod sync issue.
- Check USB and Wi-Fi connection and reconnect your iPod to computer.
- Turn off iCloud Music Library (iTunes Match) on iPod touch and iTunes. For iPod touch: go to settings > Music; for iTunes: Edit > Preferences > General.
- Turn off “Show Apple Music” on iPod touch and iTunes. For iPod touch: go to settings > Music; for iTunes: Edit > Preferences > General.
- Restart your iPod, iTunes and computer.
- Re-Authorize iTunes on computer by going to iTunes > Store.
- Update iOS and iTunes to latest version.
- Run iTunes in Administrative mode in Windows.
- Uncheck “Read Only” and change permissions of the files you want to sync by right-clicking the files > Properties > Uncheck “Read Only”.
- Fix your Windows computer registry errors by using some registry repair tool.
How to Sync Music from Computer to iPod without iTunes
If you have tried all methods above but none of them work, then an excellent iTunes alternative like AnyTrans is what you need. AnyTrans can help you transfer music from iTunes to iPod. Here are reasons why you will like AnyTrans.
1. You can always successfully transfer music from iTunes to iPod, even if iPod not syncing with iTunes or new computer.
2. Your data on iPod is always safe with AnyTrans. As is known to all, syncing music with iTunes may erase any existing data on iPod. This would be no longer the case if you use AnyTrans.
3. You can save a lot of time with AnyTrans. Within a few minutes, you can transfer a few gigabytes of music from iTunes to your iPod touch/classic/nano/shuffle.
4. AnyTrans can other cool things, for instance, you can transfer music from iPod to computer, transfer music from iPod to another iDevice directly, which iTunes can’t.
AnyTrans is developed by an Apple-trusted developer and it is now Norton and McAfee secured. We could guarantee that AnyTrans does no harm to your devices and situations like data loss and information leakage would never occur. Please be free to use AnyTrans. Now, follow us and see how to use AnyTrans to sync music to iPod.
Step 1. Free download AnyTrans on your computer and run it. Connect your iPod. Make sure there are some music in your iTunes library. Click the iTunes Library tab.
Step 2. Choose Music. AnyTrans would show you all music in iTunes library. Select the music you want to sync and then click on the To Device tab, music would soon be transferred to iPod.
AnyTrans can help you more, for example, transferring music from iPod to iTunes, adding music from computer to iPod, transferring music from iPod to computer or another device. For detailed steps, please refer to:
The Bottom Line
You may have some other methods to fix your iPod won’t sync problem, or you haven’t solved this iTunes sync issue after following all tips above. Whatever, you are welcomed to comment, share and discuss your idea on this post.