Quick Fix iTunes Backup Problem
Not Enough Space Is Available on Computer
[Last Updated: Jan. 09, 2017]
I am plan to update to iOS 11, so I am trying to back-up my iPhone 6 to a MacBook pro, but get an error message saying that I do not have enough free space. After emptying my trash and checking my available HD space, it shows that I have over 100gb left, enough to backup my 16GB iPhone. I do not have time machine set up and my HD is not partitioned. Is anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions?
When you're backing up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to iTunes, you might see an alert message says, "iTunes could not back up the iPhone because not enough free space is available on this computer". In this iMobie post, we will show you how to solve this not enough space to backup iPhone problem and offer you an iTunes alternative to help you backup iPhone without iTunes.
iTunes Cannot Backup iPhone – No Enough Space on Computer
How to Fix Not Enough Space on Computer to Backup iPhone/iPad Problem
Firstly, you should check your computer usage, and make sure that you have at least 5GB available space on computer. If your computer is running out space, and you are using a Mac, you can refer to this How to Free up Space on Mac guide to get several solutions.
If your computer has enough room but this message keeps popping up when you are backing up your iDevice, you can try performing the steps below.
1. Restart your Mac or PC and iOS device (iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch).
2. Make sure you are using USB port correctly.
3. Delete corrupted backups. Launch iTunes: go to iTunes > Preferences > Devices. Select the backup file and click the Delete Backup button.
4. Install latest version of iTunes, now Apple released iTunes 12.5.1 to supports the new iOS 10 update. You can run your iTunes, check for the new update and install the latest iTunes.
Alternative Backup Solution: Backup Your iPhone/iPad/iPod with AnyTrans for iOS
If the above methods still not solve this problem, you can try using an iTunes alternative to back up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod. AnyTrans for iOS, is the best award-wining iTunes alternative that you can rely on. To make the best use of your computer space, AnyTrans for iOS allows you to make iTunes backup at once, or selectively back up the specific data on your iPhone instead of the iTunes full backup. Now check the designed features:
1. It lets you make iTunes backup at once, or backup data selectively to computer.
2. It allows you to backup iPhone to computer over Wi-Fi automatically, set schedule from one day to one month.
3. It enables you to upload iPhone data to iCloud as backup.
4. All backup files are readable, and you can check them anytime you want.
5. Supports managing almost all the important data, including photos, music, videos, contacts, messages, notes, etc.
6. Supports all iPhone, iPad, and iPod, from iPhone 6/6s/7 to the latest iPhone 8/X.
Want to give it a try? The good news is that it offers you 7-day free trial, you can download AnyTrans for iOS now and follow the steps below to backup your iPhone to computer quickly.
Steps to Backup iPhone to Computer At Once
Step 1. Download, install and open AnyTrans for iOS on your Mac/PC computer > Plug in your iPhone.
Step 2. Click iTunes Library > Click the Back Up Device button to start. You can also check the backup files by clicking View.
Make iTunes Backup with AnyTrans for iOS
Steps to Backup iPhone to Computer over Wi-Fi
Step 1. Download AnyTrans for iOS, install and launch it > Connect iPhone and computer to the same Wi-Fi.
Step 2. Choose Air Backup Manager > The Air Backup Preference is launched by default. If not, turn it on. You can also schedule Air Backup from one day to one month.
Backup Your iPhone/iPad/iPod to Computer over Wi-Fi
The above are some useful solutions to fix the iTunes backup error messages problem: iTunes could not back up the iPhone because not enough free space is available on this computer. As you can see, AnyTrans for iOS would be your best helper to selectively backup iDevice data when you cannot backup iPhone/iPad/iPod with iTunes. Click here to get 7-day free trial >
More iTunes Backup/Restore Problems Related Articles
- The Backup Could Not Be Saved on the Computer >
- iTunes Could Not Recognize iPhone/iPad/iPod >
- How to Fix the Corrupted Lockdown Folder >
- The Problem Between iTunes and Security Software >
- This Device isn't Eligible for the Requested Build >
- iTunes Backup was Corrupt or Not Compatible >
- The Firmware File is Not Compatible >
- Not Enough Space to Restore on iPhone iPad >
- iTunes Backup & Restore Problem and Solutions >